Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hallobean - Green Skin Copic Tutorial

Hi everyone, Jo here. Have you seen the New Hallobean Digi! Too cute for Halloween! 

Today I'm going to do a pictorial of coloring Green Skin. Let's get started!

1. Pick three colors: Light, Medium, Dark (YG03/YG63/YG67)


I don't own all the Copic colors, so I'm just using what I have in my stash. I think these will work together, cross your fingers =)

2. Lay your lightest shade down as a base (YG03)


It's okay if it's streaky a bit, it will get blended out.

3. Next, lay down the darkest shade for the shadow (YG67)


4. Take the medium shade and go over the darkest shade that was just put down. Also I colored in the blush (YG63)


Hehehe, yes I know it looks really weird right now but it will be okay. It's time to blend blend blend!

5. Take the lightest shade and start blending all the colors (YG03)


6. Finishing Touches (If you feel that you lose some of the shadows, go back and add more of the Med. & Dark shades, then blend with the Lightest color). 


Instead of using a white gel pen for the freckles, I used a fine tip black pen. Now you're all done with the skin. Time to finish the rest of the image and create your project!

Here is my card:



I hope you give this a try. Thanks for stopping by! Have a crafty day!

~Jo










9 comments:

Jenny Jean Lim said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Fantastic tutorial!
I suddenly remembered Elphaba of Wicked! :)

Blankina said...

What a super cute Beanie digi, and a great green tutorial,
Thanks for sharing..
Hugs Blankina

Lucy Patrick said...

That's brilliant Jo, I will definitely give this a try, hadn't thought of green skin for my witches but they'll all be that now lol!!! XOX Lucy

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

I love the green skin!! And great card!

Larelle-Susanne Thoms said...

I love your coloring and I love love love that die cut you used can you tell mw which one it is Thanks Hugs Larelle-Susanne

Jo said...

Larelle-Susanne, that doily die cut is from Die-Versions (Whispers - Ring of Hearts).

Thanh Vo said...

Fabulous job, my friend! xo

Honey B said...

Omg I must have her! She is too cute!

Janine Vegter said...

looks great