Tuesday, June 11, 2013

MIXIN' it up with a NEW KIT...coming SATURDAY!

Hey, everyone!

I'm so excited this week is *finally* upon us!
Many of you may remember the "secret project" team Marie and I were looking at putting together a while back.   Well, it's been TOUGH, but we've kept mum and have quite the surprise for you today!

We are "mixin' it up" with a new MIXED MEDIA/ Stamp set and it will be available THIS SATURDAY, June 15th!

Without further adieu, we introduce to you:

THE DREAMY KIT!!!

We are not only excited about this super fun, TOTALLY versatile, JUMBO (8.5x11!) rubber stamp kit, but also to introduce you to some extremely talented ladies who have been chosen to debut it!


Hi, I'm Jen, my husband and I have the joy of raising three very busy children in upstate NY.  My passion for creating started with my Baba, my grandmother, who was an amazing seamstress/craftswoman and was the type of person who accomplished more by 5:00 am than most people do all day.  She knew how to live a full life and her spunky spirit still inspires me today. I started creating at a young age, learning to sew, knit and crotchet in the summers I spent at Baba's.  I later took seamstress classes as fun electives in college and enjoy creating for my children.

In recent years I have found a love for altered art, mixed media and paper crafting. I love layers and texture and color!  I love using objects and media in imaginative ways for which they were not necessarily intended.  Of the vast number of mixed media products available there are a few must haves in my world: acrylic paint, decoupage, stamps, permanent ink pads, permanent pen for doodling, white gel pen for highlighting, india ink pens for blending and gesso for EVERYTHING including starting over if you are not happy with your art (it happens).  I use a helpful three step process for mixed media: one - create a background, two - layer in the idea of the piece using images and words and three - blend, doodle/accent and highlight.  The Greeting Farm stamps can be used in a variety of ways for mixed media projects: use them with inks, paints/stains/gesso and gelatos/pastels for backgrounds, use them with texture pastes to provide dimension and use them to build paper piecing elements. Mixed media opens a world where there are no boundaries, where you can create and let your imagination soar.




When I really dove into card making 5 years ago, my style was elegant and classic. Throughout those 5 short years my style has evolved and seen the likes of CAS, cutesy, vintage, shabby chic, a little bit of grunge and steam punk. It’s easy when you’re a self-professed technique junkie!
Now I find myself venturing into altered art, art journaling and mixed media but still enjoy making cards of all styles. My style is simply…eclectic.

So, I was excited when I was chosen to do this project as I was challenged to mix up one of my fave stamp companies with lovely, inky, mixed media techniques! I just love using colour, texture and technique to bring out wonderful, unexpected results!

I live in Chilliwack, BC, Canada with my husband and enjoy reading, cooking and sometimes gardening when I’m not getting all inky!

MARY BROCKWAY


Hello, my name is Mary and I'm wife to one, Momma to three, Photog and self-proclaimed fangirl to all things crafty!!  I live in sunny AZ and spend any free time I carve out playing with paper and glue.  Some of my fondest childhood memories are of cereal box castles and handmade Christmas ornaments, and I try to continue that tradition with my own children.  I think my love of mixed media started with my childhood craft projects, and to this day, I'm most inspired when tinkering and trying to mix my love of stamping with all manners of other media.  Who says you can't stamp on that??  I will.  And it'll be FABULOUS!





Hi all! 
I live in Alaska with my wonderful husband of 20+ years. We have two fantastic children…a boy and a girl. Our daughter is in high school and heading into her senior year. Our son has recently graduated from college. All of them have been so supportive of my crafty adventure. I have been crafting for several years. I started out as a scrapbooker and card maker but have branched out into jewelry making, altered art and art journaling. I love all things crafty but my absolute favorite thing is stamps! They are the one thing that I would take with me to a deserted island (along with my family of course…and my copics!). The Greeting Farm stamps have been a favorite of mine for a long time and I am so happy I got an opportunity to work to guest design for them. Happy Crafting!





I am thrilled to be able to create mixed media project for The Greeting Farm!! I am a teacher, I have a wonderful husband and 3 busy girls! I LOVE mixed media art!! I never thought that I could be any good at art because in school, I was never good in traditional art class. If somebody had just told me there was more to art than straight lines and realistic looking drawing, I might have done much better!! Now there isn't a day that I don't have paint or glue on my fingers and I have found a new passion!
I am inspired by my family and nature. Recently, I moved my art desk in front of the window to my backyard. We have a ton of trees, a treehouse and small garden out back and since I moved my desk I find that a lot of my art journal if filled with inspiration from the backyard!!
When I make pictures on canvases I like to sketch out the picture first in my little sketch book. The shapes in the Dreamy Kit were so much fun! First, I sketched a bunch of pictures with the circle shapes. I came up with the lollipops, gnomes, topiaries, birds, owls . . . there were just too many to choose from!! Then I painted up the stamps and created! I also love texture in mixed media. So I found that if I stamped the image on a different piece of paper, cut it out and paper pieced it onto the canvas it jumped out more! Plus, if I created on different paper and when I messed up with the color, I didn't have to redo the entire piece!! 



I'm a wife to a wonderful husband of 20 yrs.  I have 2 boys 8 & 19.  I got into paper crafting over 14 yrs ago.  I now LOVE all things paper craft related.  Stamping, card making, altering things, & scrapbooking.  I recently got into the whole mixed media thing.. I am in love with it. I love that I can use my stamps, paper, lace, trims etc..  on a mixed media project.  I am inspired by color and flowers.  I love love love PINK & SHABBY CHIC! 



I live in Sweden with my family – husband our 3 kids and a dog
I am a scrapbooker but have always been painting and 2 years ago I started with mixed media art. And now my paintings takes over all walls in the house….
I love color , and If I have a bad day happy colors makes it better!





I am a Wisconsin, gal!  I’ve been doing something artist since I was apply to hold a pencil in my hand. Being creative fosters ones soul. Makes a person feel complete.
I’m am one of those people that has to try everything. You know that one that sees something at a store and goes “I am sure I can make that” Yes, I have DYI syndrome! Everyone always says to me “Is there anything you can’t do ?”
I love to work on lots of different times of media. Watercolors is on the top of my list. This love started about 20 some years ago. While in high school, my art class taught a group of kindergarteners how to watercolor. The pure joy in their faces has never left my soul.
I am a quirky person. Some my call me a nerd (I am okay with that- NERDS ARE HOT) or a granola. I am married to a kind, caring, supportive, cute man for 14 years. We have two unique boys.  I in bliss out in the woods with my camera. I have a love affair with bats, yes the animal. I like to start my day with some coffee and end it with a cup a tea. 

KELLI GREEN





Hi I am a stay at home mom of 2 two legged children and 2 four legged children.  My wonderful husband is just that wonderful!  I am a mixed media artist, an art journalist, a painter, a stamper, an alter(er) of any and all things, a list maker, a reader, and a music lover.    I love to be inky, painty, and messy. I am very opinionated and love to inspire others.
*************************

SOoooooo..... are y'all EXCITED?  SURPRISED?  DREAMing of the possibilities?  All of the above, we hope!

Well, it wouldn't be a PREVIEW party unless there was a PRIZE, right?  You got it!  One lucky reader today will win the DREAMY kit before it's released, just by clicking on the links above to the eight wonderful guest designers' blogs and leaving them some much-deserved love!

We'll announce the winner tomorrow so be sure to come back here to see if it was YOU!  You have until 11:30pm CST tonight to leave your comments and then come back HERE letting us know you did :)

The Dreamy kit won't be around forever, so make sure you grab yours hot off the press!  Our release goes live on SATURDAY, JUNE 15th at 12:01am CST, along with another chance to WIN it, so be sure to tune into the blog right here.

Thanks so much and have a DREAMY kind of day!
xoxo
Jess

30 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Half the post weren't up and half of those that were had word verification for comments which is annoying when hopping but the projects were absolutely stunning. Beautiful details and versatile use of the new stamps, just gorgeous.

Gingin said...

Visited them all. Those are some very talented ladies. Loved their work :)

Suzi McKenzie said...

OMG I can't wait to get my hands on this Dreamy Kit. Such a wonderful line up of inspirational mixed media works of art.
Love how different each artists work is.
Left some love for those who had posts up, will hop back to the rest later
hugs
Suzi
xxx

Denice said...

What wonderful projects! I left comments where I could, but a couple were missing...probably due to time zones?!

This new set is on my "must have" list!!!

Yvonne Morentin said...

eeek! I can't even imagine how awesome it's going to be... can't wait to get my hands on one...

Diane said...

Alllll works are stunning! I was not able to view a couple them because the projects were not posted.

Blankina said...

Wow weldone Marie and team!! You have found great people to show this SO EXCITING STAMP SET!!
My brain is boiling of ideas and my hands are itching.Must get this Dreamy set!!
LOve the sentiments too..

Big hugs from your biggest fan in Italy!!
Blankina

Kelli said...

Sorry everyone, my post is up now... I don't think I have word verification but if I do sorry...

Ildiko Miskell said...

Commented on everyone's blog except for SANNA FRIEDNER, her post was not up!! Love all the talent this group of girl's have!! I am for sure getting this stamp set as soon as I can!!! Thanks for the great hop!!

sharon g said...

I really enjoyed the blog hop. Sanna's wasn't up yet, so I will have to go back later.....But my favorite part was the girl stamp. She is just adorable!

Natasha G.P. said...

I really enjoyed the blog hop. The ladies are very talented, I guess that's why you invited them to show their handiwork!! The textures and colors, along with the cute stamps made for some really great projects. I enjoyed all of them for different reasons.
One blog post wasn't up yet, so I will go back to it later, once it is posted.

pysselfnatt said...

Lovely hop, and far from my comfort zone! :)

Howevere I do agree that it's slightly annoying when all posts aren't up (sanna's still isn't) and also it would be nice to remove word verification!

Love Birgit

pysselfnatt said...

Now it's up, lovely project as the others!

Maria Rud said...

Wonderful blog hop. Each work is so creative and wonderful. Thanks ladies!

Hugs,
Maria

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fantastic hop! I cannot wait to see the full set!

Janet Nelson said...

This is the first blog hop that I actually completed. It was fun learning about each of the talented guest designers and view their creativity. I hope that their projects will set off a spark in me. What I liked the best about Dreamy is that the set includes stamps for the beginning, middle, and end of a mixed media project. That is really something!!

Karen S. said...

All the projects are awesome! Can't wait for the reveal...I would love to win this set! Thanks for the chance to win!

Isa said...

Wowwwwwwwwww que cambio !!
I love ittttt !!!

Ang and Crys said...

Great hop!!! Lots of fabulous inspiration! Super excited for this release!

Christine Joplin said...

Loved the hop and the art! Really neat new set!

Jaratzed said...

Nice work everyone, I like it. How fun with that cute stamp! I left all comments on all blogs :)

Nitasha said...

These ladies have done an outstanding job showcasing the new Dreamy kit! I simply must have this kit! I left some blog love on each of their blog posts! Thanks so much for the chance to win!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Please keep in mind that our artists are GUEST artists and while word verification isn't my favorite thing either, I wouldn't have asked them to take it down for one -two guest posts. You're entering to win a full sheet of stamps, so to me, it's worth the "annoying" few extra steps :) Thank you for all your kind comments about this kit- Marie and I are excited about it!!!

The Bumble Girl said...

Wow, what an amazing kit! And everyone did such amazing canvas' - they're stunning! Love the versatility of the set! I am really looking forward to this one :)

Angie M said...

I am so anxious for the reveal now...all of the canvas' were awesome!!! Thank you for the chance to win this set!!!

Tiffany G said...

Wow!! I have visited and commented on all these ladies blogs and i just have to say These ladies have done an absolutely fabulous job showcasing this awesome new kit!! I cannot wait to get my hands on this kit!! I have just started doing mixed media projects and this kit would be amazing to have!! And I know it's going to be amazing bc anything TGF is nothing but amazing and high quality!! Great blog hop and great job ladies!! Congrats to you all!!
Tiffany G

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

OMG...I can't wait to see this kit...totally love the hop and the inspiration by the designers!!!

creamingsoda said...

Wow...what beautiful works by amazing paper crafters.. You have certainly inspired myself and my clients here at our facility. Can't wait to get our hands on this set.. SO EXCITED!!!!

creamingsoda said...

Yay the 15th is finally here..so so excited

creamingsoda said...

Well I just did the hop again to see what all your talented media team have been up too and was totally blown away... So can't wait to get my hands now on this set