Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dream

Happy Thursday everyone!  It's Jodi here bringing you a fun little project I did.  


When the mixed media craze started I went out and bought a bunch of canvas panels.....unfortunately the only thing I have used any of them for was......taking pictures of my cards.  So, I decided to pull one out and try to make something for my craft room.  I started by painting the canvas with green and blue acrylic paints.  I stamped a tree and painted over the branches with brown acrylic paint and then added buttons with embroidery floss tied on them.  For the cloud I cut some white fur fabric (see I knew those scraps I saved from when my DI team was making costumes would come in handy!) with the cloud die from the Mini Clouds with Die stamp set.  I wanted to try to stamp Garden Anya directly on the canvas and then paint her but chickened out so I colored her with copics, added some stickles to the ribbon on her hat, fussy cut her out and then added her to the canvas.  To finish it off I added some washi tape to the bottom left corner, stamped the word dream and added two rihinestones.  All in all I am happy with how this turned out and can't wait to add it to my craft room wall.

Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful day!   

     

5 comments:

Blankina said...

Soo cute, I am sure it will a right place in your craftroom..
Thanks for the idea!

HUgs Blankina

Angela Stiver said...

Lovely card!

Denice said...

What a fun canvas! Anya and mixed media are always a winning combination.
:Dxx

Hilda Han said...

So cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

Heidi Brawley said...

oh this is very Adorable!! Fabulous work!! I want to make a mix media!!