Thursday, February 7, 2013

A {Hanging ATC Trio} -- try something new!

Hello, everyone!  Farmer Annie here today.  I want to share with you another idea on how to use The Greeting Farm stamps to create something other than a card!  Don't get me wrong -- I love making cards.  But, sometimes you gotta branch out and try something new.
 
I've created a {Hanging ATC Trio}.
 
 
What's an ATC?  An ATC is an Artist Trading Card, which is basically a miniature piece of art that is 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size.  It can be made out of any material (paper, fabric, metal, etc.) and can be decorated with any type of medium.

 
I've created my trio on thick, watercolor paper.  I stamped my Miss Anya Lounge images onto the watercolor paper with waterproof Archival Ink.  I then used Distress Ink to create the watercolor background.  I pressed the Distress Ink onto some freezer paper (any non-porous surface works) then spritzed it with water.  I then pressed the stamped ATC panel into the ink/water to let it soak up all of that colory goodness.  :)
 
Once I was satisfied with the coloring, I dried the panel with a heat tool.  Once it was fully dry, I added some word stickers and did a bit of doodling around the edges with a black pen.
 
 
I then added silver eyelets to each top corner and threaded the ATC's onto some bendable wire, which I shaped into a small hanger.  I added a ribbon bow and a hanging heart charm to the top and it was done!
 
 
A super-simple project with big impact!  I love they they turned out.
If you haven't ever made an Artist Trading Card before, give it a shot. You may just surprise yourself with your own awesomeness.  :)
 
Thanks for hanging out with me today.
Don't forget to check out the current challenges -- a new Farm Fresh Friday is coming your way  tomorrow.
 
Luvs,
Annie Rose
 


5 comments:

Blankina said...

Super cool Annie, I have never tried "watercolouring" but it looks so great..perhaps I must try it too!!

Hugs Blankina

Debbie said...

A fabulous hanger. I love making ATC's they are just super to work on.
I use the back of mine to have my blog details on for those who wish to have a look. Debbiex

Melissa said...

This is sooooooooooooo awesome! Love it :)

Sara I. said...

Wow, what a fantastic project!! LOVE it! xx

Jenn Borjeson said...

These are all fantastic, great job!