Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Little Tip to Try


Happy Thursday everyone!  It's Jodi here and I have a little tip I'd like to share with you today.  Here is my finished card using CC Friday Night, but it didn't start out that way......

Did you ever have a paper that you liked, but found that just didn't work out with your image/layout?  For this card I had colored the image to match a certain paper but when I laid it all out I decided that the paper was just too busy and I didn't like it.  Instead of tossing it and starting all over, I pulled out my black copic marker, colored in parts of it and voila.....a completely different look!  

From this:
 To this:


And then I had to change the polka dotted paper since it had light greet dots and didn't match at all.  I just colored over them with the black copic again.
From this:
To this:

Granted it won't work for all papers, but for those it does, it is a an easy way to make a drastic change!  

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!




6 comments:

Mary Friederichsen said...

Jodi! that is a great tip! How clever and your card is so pretty! I love the combo of the blue (or turquoise) with the black! And your coloring of your image is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

Blankina said...

Great tip Jodi and I love your card!!
Have a nice day,

Hugs Blankina

frommycraftroom said...

What a great tip. Thanks.
Great card too!

Rosie said...

Very clever Jodi!! I'll be looking at my papers differently from now on! :)

Jo said...

awesome tip Jodi!

Katya said...

Great tip. Thank you for sharing with us ;)