Monday, December 10, 2012

Guest Designer Monday with Jodi

Happy Monday everyone! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around my house.   We had our decorations up in time for St Nick and put the tree up over the weekend.  I have stacks of boxes that UPS delivered during the week that need to be wrapped and we had our first snowfall yesterday (only about an inch though).  I love how a fresh coat of snow looks on the ground and on the trees, but truth be told, I absolutely hate driving in it!  If it could just snow in the grassy areas and not the streets/driveways I'd be happy ;)

Speaking of Christmas and snow, my first card features Holiday Anya II and a few snowflakes.  
Anya was colored with copics and I paper pieced her dress, ribbon and shoes, highlighting those with copics as well.  On the snowflakes I added some glitter for a little extra sparkle.  Since it is a Christmas card, it fits in with last weeks FFF challenge Christmas or Holiday Themed Card.  If you still have Christmas/Holiday cards to make, there is still a few days left to play in that challenge and we'd love to see them!

Now in a totally different direction....this card reminds me of summer time with the bright colors. 

I wanted to use last weeks DTT challenge of "It's a Rainbow", so I chose Twinkle Bean.  The "Beans" are really fun to give different colored hair to, and although I usually stick to blue or pink, I decided to go all out and color it in rainbow colors.  To keep the rainbow theme throughout, I stamped the background paper and colored the rhinestones in matching colors.  It's a bit different than what I'd usually do, but I think it's whimsical and fun!  There is still a bit of time to play along in this challenge (ends today), so if you have some free time, we'd love to see what you come up with!         

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Annie Rose said...

Jodi, this is super cute! :)

Melissa said...

Jodi these are WONDERFUL!! I especially love the rainbow bean!

Amy Topolnitsky said...

I love the rainbow card. Which colours did you use on her hair.