Monday, November 19, 2012

Guest Designer Monday with Rosemary

Happy Monday y'all! I'm so glad you have joined me today! Those of you who know me or follow me know that I like to alter cheap frames or make 3-D projects. I don't always have the time to make them on a regular basis, but I find cutting and figuring out tutorials fun and relaxing (most of the time, haha!). Well, today I have a special altered frame to share with you.

Last week on Thursday, Marie and Jessica offered up a "Pay It Forward" challenge. You can read all the details HERE! You have until Wed. Nov. 21, at 10pm CST to enter your card and email Jessica, so get those TGF images out and create something for it asap! :)

I think it's an amazing and really touching idea so my project today is based on their challenge. It all started with a cheap $1 frame from Micheals. I cut the dps in 2"x 2" squares and 1.25" x 2" rectangles, and distressed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

This image is called Anya Styles and is one of the new releases for November. I think she's gorgeous, and kind of sassy. :) If you can't tell, I really love these Big Anyas!! They are so much fun to color up. I raised her on pop-dots for added dimension. The flowers are from various companies.

Now, don't forget we have several challenges going on right now with prizes. Please check out the Thanksgiving Pay It Forward Challenge HERE for all the details on how you can surprise a friend in need or who just might need a little pick me up.

Thanks again for stopping by and for all your support and encouraging comments! I love to hear what you all think! :)

Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs,

8 comments:

~*Joni said...

This is just beautiful! I love altered items, and yours is so perfectly done Rosemary. Perfect Anya to fill that space, with the sweetest color palette. Thank you for sharing!

Denice said...

This is just too pretty, I love all the dp's you used! What a nice way to celebrate a friendship.
:Dxx

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is so cute, love those little DP squares and Anya is adorable. Your coloring is awesome. :)

Mojca said...

Waw this is beauitful. I love the papers waw! hugs! mojca

Melissa said...

Oh Rosie, this is gorgeous! I love the quilted style you created with the papers.

Rene said...

Rosie this is gorgeous! Her hair ALONE could take up a paragraph here but I'll sum the whole thing up in one word: STUNNING! Ok, maybe a few more: amazing, beautiful, wonderful and extraordinary!
Rene :D

RiNNE said...

such a gorgeous creation!!!

Elena said...

it's so cute!