Monday, November 12, 2012

Guest Designer Monday with Rosemary

Happy Monday y'all! How was your weekend? I'm sooooo EXCITED to be back here today sharing another creation for my Guest DT spot. I kind of combined the two themes from last week for my project today. If you didn't catch them they are:

Double Take Tuesday Challenge: Red, Teal & White
 Farm Fresh Fridays: Anything But a Card

You still have until today to enter Double Take Tuesday and a few more days for the Farm Fresh Friday challenge. Get busy, because there are prizes involved! :) 

My creation today is a Pop-Up Diorama. I found a tutorial for it HERE. I decided to use the super adorable Anya Celebrates! I LOVE this line of Big Anyas!! They are so easy to color and very, very CA-UTE!! Now, I kind of veered from the red and went with pink, but the teal and white are there, haha!

Now, the measurements on the tutorial are in cm. I'm going to give you the measurements in inches that I used for the above diorama. I cut my rectangles 4.50" tall x 6" wide. I measured 1/2" from the sides and used my cutting knife to cut out the center. For the side "hinges", I cut my cardstock 2" wide x 4.50" tall and scored in 1/2" increments.

You can tell in the side view that I used various shades of teal cardstock from Core-dinations. The presents were cut from different scraps of dps and then wrapped with ribbon or trim. 

The great thing about this Pop-Up Diorama is that you can squash it flat for mailing. You can also make it any dimension you like (even smaller if you want to fit it in an envelope).

Last but not least, congrats to AUDREY for winning the HOLIDAY ANYA 2 from last week's post!

Now, head on over to The Greeting Farm STORE to check out all their stamps and digis! Believe me you won't be disappointed!! Have a great week and see you back here next Monday. :)

Hugs,

9 comments:

Sisters Craft Cafe said...

Awesome project! love the 3d effect and so colorful.

Luanne

eva said...

so cute! what a fun idea!

Gretchen said...

This is amazing. I just think it's adorable.

Blankina said...

Rosie, lovely project!!
Looks fun to do..
Thanks for sharing,

Hugs Blankina

Melissa said...

OMG this is simply FABULOUS!!!

Kelly Booth said...

This is Amazing...I so Love action cards and this is colored to perfection!!!

Sheryl said...

LOVE this project!!! Will definitely be trying this one. TFS
Sheryl

Audrey said...

What an awesome project! Beautiful colors! And so excited to see that I have won Holiday Anya 2! :) Thank you!!

Annie Rose said...

This is SO COOL! :)

Luvs,
Annie Rose