Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tutorial Thursday -- An Interactive Card!

Hello!  Eva here today for Tutorial Thursday!  Don't worry, we'll have Top Crop Thursday back next month but thought we'd still sneak in a tutorial here and there.  Today I thought I'd share how to make a simple interactive card that could be fun for your kids or for those who are just young at heart.

I made this card with Hallo Witch but thought it would be extra special if she moved like she was flying into the night.

These are the items I used.  I cut all my paper and cardstock, colored up Hallo Witch with Copics, found 2 flat beads from my kids' collection and cut some twine to the length that I thought I'd need.

I laid out my pieces with the twine and beads to get a general idea of where I wanted to tape the twine and glue the beads to Hallo Witch.  I ended up just using one piece of twine instead of two.  

I taped one end of the twine to the back of the owl paper.

Then I added the beads and taped the other end of the twine so that it would be hidden by my sentiment circle.  I pushed my beads to where I wanted them to be glued under Hallo Witch.  The beads I used have holes which are just large enough for the twine to fit through.  And they are flat, not rounded so the paper lays nicely on top.

I added some glue (I actually used glossy accents) just to the top of the beads and placed Hallo Witch on top and waited for it to dry which wasn't very long.


And that's it!  Pretty simple. 

Oh, and I used the sketch over at Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #170.  Hope this inspires you to create some interactive cards too!  Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Blankina said...

Great Eva, I remember you have made a moonman card like this once!!
Thanks for sharing the tutorial,
Hugs Blankina

Donnas Den said...

Thanks for such a great idea :) Wonderful

Donna x

frommycraftroom said...

What a great card. Thanks for the tutorial.

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is very clever and your card is very Beautiful!!!! Hugs!!!

Leanne said...

Totally cute Eva!! You're brilliant!
;)

krafting kelly said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I used your idea to make a card you can see on my blog FindingTimeToCreate.