Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A CAS Christmas card

I know that it's only October, but I am super stoked that the stores are starting to put up Christmas displays and that the weather is getting cooler (even though it is still currently 94 degrees for me, hahaha). Christmas is my favorite time of year, and Christmas cards are my absolute {favorite} cards to make! While I usually make a handful of super nice and super fancy Christmas cards to give to a few special people in my life, most of the time I opt for clean-and-simple cards that fit in a standard A2 envelope and cost only one stamp to mail. But just because you choose CAS, doesn't mean you have to sacrifice style and wow factor!

Every year around this time I start making samples of CAS Christmas cards to mass produce. While there have been a few years when I picked just one design and made them all the same, most of the time I opt for a few different designs to keep things fresh. The new clear stamps sets released in September are {perfect} for these types of cards, and here is one that I put together featuring a stamp from the Sparkling Season set:


(details can be found HERE on my blog)


Fun, right? I decided to color the image twice (just a basic solid coloring job on the base image) so that I could pop up the banner for a bit more dimension, but you could very easily color it only once to make it even more simple. Even with the additional cutting and pop-dotting this card only took me 10 minutes to put together, so I think this one is a winner to add to my mass-production repertoire. :)

That's it for me today... my kiddos are dying to put up Halloween decorations, so I guess I'll have to put my tinsel and holly away for now and focus on the current holiday, lol. Have a great day!

 Photobucket

1 comment:

Waseem said...

like the card...it would be better if use Gift Card envelopes for it.