Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Trendy Inspiration


Psst... I have a secret...

I'm usually the last one on the bandwagon when it comes to new trends

Lol, seriously! I know that trends are constantly changing, so what's {in} today will be {out} next week, but it usually takes me ages to add a trend to my own style repertoire. I guess I need time for them to grow on me. And sometimes, the trends just NEVER suit my style.


So, I know that scales, chevron and the color combo yellow+gray have been around for awhile and are not really the latest and greatest, but I'm just starting to warm up to them. However, I picked up a fabulous new (to me) paper pad while on vacation this summer, and it was just the nudge I needed to try them out:


Cute, right? I'm glad I dabbled in these trends, even if they *are* on the way out, lol. Now if only I can get skinny jeans to grow on me... ;)

Have a great day, friends!

Photobucket

5 comments:

RiNNE said...

LOve LOVE LOVE! Did I mention that I just loooooove your card? Teehee! I luuuuurrrrrvvvvee everything about it! What ink did you use for that awesome yellow?

~*Joni said...

What an adorable yellow card! The paper is beautiful, I love all the movement with this sweet image. And ditto to the "delayed hipness" - lol! I have 6 kids who stay on top of the latest trends, but still manage to lag behind. teehee!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is very Adorable!!! love your card!! I love yellow too!!!

Naomi Edwards said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Loveeeeeeee it..love the pattern papers , colors and the way you used your twine , the image is adorable! I am a new follower!

Lisa M. (aka Lisabee) said...

So pretty, Shaela...but yuck. Stay away from skinny jeans! LOL! Unless you are 15 or younger and stick thin! LOL!