Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Candle tutorial by Sara


 Hello!!! This is my first tutorial! I'm excited to present you how I decorate my candles !!! You need : vellum paper, baking paper, stamps, Copics, embosser and the candle!!!!!
Stamp your favorite stamp on a piece of vellum paper.
In this case I used two different stamps, first the red rubber stamp "Do si do Anya" and I superposed the clear stamp "Shiny bean"
Then you colour it and cut , remember to cut near the stamp but leave a border.

At this point center the image on the candle


and put the baking paper on!!This is very important because otherwise the candle will melt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now you can use your embosser to transfer the image on the candle....when you see the color reappearing stop using the heat!


this is the candle ready to be prepared as a gift...


this is the pack....

I hope you enjoy it and now start working on your candle!!!!!!!! ;)

ciao SARA 

15 comments:

kbrandy4 said...

Wow!! Thank you so much for the fab tutorial!! I've always wondered how it was done and i will definitely give it a go!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

jo said...

That's fab...you make it sound so easy lol! Wil defo give that a go!
Hugs Jo x

Jas said...

So loving this tutorial now I can make some! Fabulous and love your coloring and so cool adding background for using the bean very nice, tfs! Hugs, Jas

Denice said...

What a fun tutorial, thanks for showing us another fun way to use these fabby stamps!
:Dx

antdoda said...

Wow this is super cute!!! Great idea! Thanks for sharing!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is super cute - I'm curious, what do you color with? Markers or pencils? Does it matter? Thanks! :)

Nat said...

Beautiful! I've never seen a candle done so well! I must try this! Thanks for the tutorial! :) Nat
doodlecraft.blogspot

CraftyDee said...

Looks great, what a lovely gift idea!

Christina Flora said...

when you say baking paper - do you mean parchment paper? I've never heard of baking paper. Thanks for any clarification. This looks amazing and I really want to try it!

Miriam said...

Great tutorial!!! tanks!!

Kim C said...

This is so nice! Do you mean that all you do is put the vellum on the candle then the baking paper on top and the heat gun to heat the image onto the candle?? I'm a bit confused on that part. Hope you can clarify!

Grace said...

Great tutorial!!! I'm just confused with some parts... Do you mean baking paper as parchment paper? And the vellum paper... How does it glue the image to the candle just from the heat gun? Does it melt the image on the candle? And you just peeled off both the vellum and parchment off when it cools down? I'm just so excited to try this =)

gobeagirl said...

I love your tutorial as well and I too have a couple of questions. What ink did you use to stamp the image onto the paper with? I have reread a couple of times and unless I'm more excited to try this than I thought I don't seem to see that info. Also did you use Copic markers and does this hurt them when you are coloring on the parchment paper? Thanks for a great idea. I truly do love it and want to give this a go very soon. Hugs, Lisa G

eva said...

i think cause of the language barrier some things might not have been clear. though i'm not sara, i think for vellum paper she means tissue paper. and for baking paper, wax paper? this is a cute idea and i'm gonna try it too! thanks, sara!

g said...

so sweet! thanks for your awesome step by step tutorial- i can't wait to try it!