Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday: Assembly Line Cards



Hi Farm Friends!! New Farmer Jess here. (Wow! It feels good to say that, hehe). My tutorial is to create a quick-ish card in an assembly line format. Originally, I wasn't planning on creating 3 cards and I wanted the time to be a lot quicker but if you don't lollygag the way I do, Lol, then you should have 3 cards in no time. 


STEP 1: Gather your supplies. I used: 
Scraps, 4" doilies, the Beans and my card bases (A2 size)
I used the Beans because a) they are adorable and b) they already come with their own embellishments and sentiment.   


STEP 2: Cut your doilie in half and glue down onto the base.


STEP 3: Cut your DP Piece to 2.75x4.75 and glue down as seen.


STEP 4: Stamp your Beans onto a 3x4 white base (the paper that you use for stamping). 
Color as you would.


STEP 5: Grab a few embellishments (buttons, flowers, etc) and sprinkle them around your card. You can always just skip this step and just leave them like they were in STEP 4 (but of course fully colored)

Image: Shimmer Bean

Image: Glisten Bean

Image: Shiny Bean

The total time i took was almost 3 hours but I ran across some problems. I had to cut out my beans and then glue them down onto their base. I originally had a flower on there and when i ripped it off i made a boo-boo on the card so I had to figure out how to cover that up. Plus I needed to stop and take pictures and measurements so now when you sit down to create your assembly cards, it shouldn't take you as long. I would say that if you don't wander off into space like me, lol, then you can create your 3 cards in an hour, hour and a half. Or maybe less time :)

Thanks for  stopping by!

PS. Don't forget that you still have until today 10pm CST to visit the NEW Showcase Farmers and leave them some bloggy love. Marie is generously giving away the Whole July Release and who wouldn't want to win that. So get hopping :)

19 comments:

Annie Rose said...

These are SO adorable! The colors are great, your coloring is great and the little embellishments and just perfect. :)

Luvs,
Annie Rose

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE love all 3 cards!!! Super cute!! Adorable new stamps too!!!
hugs, Heidi

Melissa said...

Oh what a wonderful idea! You totally created the cutest cards!

grandmabonnie said...

Jess, a great tutorial..question for you? what is that adorable face behind your supplies?

YOLY said...

loVED ALL THREE CARDS... BEAUTIFUL... yeah!!! what's that cute face in the supplies? Can I have Jess's email address? I've been trying to contact her.. thanks!

My Scrap Diary said...

Thanks Ladies for the sweet comments!

The cute girl face is a mouse pad I bought at an art store last year. I use the mouse pad to stamp on.

Yoly, my email address is:
myscrapdiary@gmail.com

Thanks!!
Jess M

My Scrap Diary said...

Yoly if you are looking for Jessica Diedrichs email address, it is:
yeahshestamps (@) myopera (dot) com

make sure to remove the parentheses and spaces.

SARA said...

beautiful ;)

eva said...

such a cute set of cards!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Adorable!!!

Sisters Craft Cafe said...

awesome! these are so cute. thanks for sharing I will also try a quickish set of cards.

sharon g said...

I congratulated the ladies. sharon dot gullikson at gmail dot com

gobeagirl said...

These are just adorable! I love how you were able to get four cards made out of basically the same ingrediants and yet they all look so different and adorable all in their own way. I am so going to give this a try. Hugs, Lisa G

Kim C said...

What cute cards!!! Look so fancy but easy to do! Thanks for the idea. How wonderful that you showcased the three beans I just bought! Hahaha. Thanks for sharing!

Gretchen said...

These are adorable I love how bright and colourful they are.

Blankina said...

Jess what a great idea!! The beanies look great and I love the way you have coloured them!!

Thanks!!,
Blankina

KathyW said...

Thanks for doing all the 'hard' work! These are just adorable! I love the colors and the beans! So Sweet :)

Trina said...

CUTE!!

Lou Mac said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Very neat assembly line! <3