Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Peek Into My Style - by Aeryn

 Hello everyone! This is my very first post as a Showcase DT member! I'm so very excited to be part of the TGF team, you've no idea. I thought I'd take this opportunity to show you a few cards and share with you some things that are really making me happy in crafting lately. I was originally attracted to The Greeting Farm because of the amazing Creeper Crew series, but recently I've been branching out and exploring the "corners" of my crafting experience. It's one of the things that I love about crafting; there's always something new to explore.
 For this first card I used the new Blush Bettie stamp and did a bit of paper piecing with her. As much as I absolutely love colouring, especially with my Copics, I find it fun to explore how patterned paper can enhance my stamps. You can really add a new look just by changing up the paper and with things like clothes (Bettie's outfit and the Unity shirt stamp) it's really effective because you can set the mood with your paper right from the start. A little colouring on her hair and skin and she's all ready. I'm also really enjoying the simplicity of Kraft paper. There's a TON of it out there, from plain to patterned, and what I like about it is how you can put it with *anything* and it'll look great.
The other thing I'm really enjoying is creating little "scenes" on my cards. I discovered digital background stamps recently (this one from Make it Crafty) and I've been so delighted at how well they go with EVERY stamp I have, not just the digis. Here I've printed out the background and used Oliver from the Lovey Dovey set and Do Si Do Anya to create this little spring scene for a light and happy card. Scenes, and combining stamps, is fun because you can begin to tell a story on your cards and create a real work of art for your friends and family (or whomever you give your cards to!).

Well, I hope you enjoyed my cards, these two techniques/ideas, and that you'll pop on over to my blog as well. I look forward to getting to know all the wonderful people in the TGF community during my time as Showcase member. TTYL!

2 comments:

Blankina said...

LOvely paperpiercing...and what a great scene on the second card...you have made a lovely couple , hope Amelia is not jealous...

Ciao Blankina

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh Aeryn I love both your cards!! Very Adorable! love the paper piecing and the scene you have created!
Hugs, Heidi