Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday: Colouring Black Hair

Greetings, Farm friends!

Showcase Farmer Thanh back with another tutorial for you. I hope that you are all enjoying the latest releases! I can't tell you how much I love lil' Cheeky Geeky and I see SO many possibilities with Princess Anya No. 4 and Prince Ian. :D

You are always so kind to tell me that you love my colouring (a BIG thank you!) and I also was recently asked how I colour hair on TGF images so I thought why not give you a quick tutorial. There is no "right or wrong" way to colour, but I want to show the way I colour hair.

I wanted to do something more video based, but I'm not a fan of hearing myself talk, so I put together a series of photos and combined them into this video here:



**I specifically used black hair as I've heard that can be an intimidating colour, but it really isn't! It just takes practice. I use the same method to colour all hair colours. 

My finished card:


If you have any questions, please comment here and I will add responses to this post as they come up! Or come visit me at my blog here.

Thanks for stopping by the Farm today and enjoy the rest of your week!

3 comments:

Denice said...

A great video Thanh, love how you showed the color of marker with every step. T(so very much)FS!
:Dx

Heidi Brawley said...

I liked the video!!!! Your card is Gorgeous!!!! Love the new Princess!!
hugs, Heidi

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

OH, thank you for this tutorial. I've fought with black hair forever. Especially with my Geisha Anya...she always ends up looking like an old lady! LOL! I'm trying this soon and I appreciate you sharing your technique.

Smiles!
Gwen