Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday with Peggy

Hey everyone!  Peggy here with this week's tutorial.  I racked my brain trying to come up with a tutorial this week and then I thought of masking, which is perfect for all of the adorable sitting collection (and so many other wonderful TGF stamps)!  Okay, let's get started!

First, I stamped Anya from the Sitting Lovely set, twice, once on X-Press It blending card and once on a post it note.


When I cut out my image, I cut it out just inside of the line so that when I stamp over the mask the lines from the second image are really close to or even touching the first image. I'm sure that is clear as mud, but you will see what I mean in a minute! lol  I also drew a very light pencil line to help me line up my 2nd image.


My next step was to stamp over my mask.  Pretty self explanatory, I think.  :)


Here is the finished image, on the left side of Anya you can see that I didn't trim my masked image as closely as I did on the right.


And here is my finished card and image all colored up!


I hope this has been helpful for you, if you have any questions feel free to let me know!  I hope you all have a wonderful crafty day!
Hugs,
Peg

ETA:
Thank you, Peggy for this AWESOME tutorial!   Just a few announcements... #1....congrats to ANTDODA!  You are the winner of a "Sitting" stamp set- your choice of Sitting Cute, Casual, or Lovely :)  Email Jess to claim your prize!

Also, just a word about PRIZES:
We are running a week or so behind on prizes and appreciate your patience!   Marie has been out for a few days and I have been having a bit of trouble with a new spreadsheet I am using to keep track so thanks for bearing with us!  We'll get them out to you asap!  Please allow up to 10 days from when you claimed your prize in March just to be sure.   Thanks again!

6 comments:

Arabella said...

Fab tutorial Peggy! Thanks for the tip re cutting really close!

Arabella

Tammy Ortiz said...

This was a great tutorial. I never thought of using post it notes.
Thanks for sharing.

Shazza said...

this is so gorgeous x

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is Super Cute!!! great tutorial too!!!
hugs, Heidi

Naomi said...

Great tutorial, Peggy, and such a super SWEET card!

Hugs,
Naomi

Lily Anuska said...

Beautiful tutorial. I understand the delay.I love this set and I'm thinking I win it. Jesse please contact me on myanuska@gmail.com. At the begining of march I won at Grace blog, but my prize didn't come. Have a nice day and Happy Easter. Lily Anuska