Thursday, April 12, 2012

Showcase Farmer Emily With a Card Share Featuring: Sitting Lovely

Hi Everyone! Showcase Farmer Emily here again to share a card that I created using my SCRAPS!!! That’s right, just scraps! I have been a little (OK… a LOT) addicted to "fish tail" banners lately. I think they are so cute and I love how you can curl the ends of them up a bit to give your cards some extra dimension. This layout using the "fish tail" banner shape was absolutely perfect for putting to use those long scraps of patterned paper that always seem to accumulate when I am making cards. By slightly overlapping the strips, I tried to create the illusion of a larger piece of patterned paper, that I could then build the rest of your card on top of. The main image comes from the Sitting Lovely set that was released in March, and the sentiment comes from the Flutter Heart Clear Stamp Set that was released in January.



I hope that this inspires you to use your scraps in a new way!
Have a great day :)
Emily

4 comments:

Kim C said...

I love how you coloured her in Emily. Is this using Copics? I must try it out one day. Would be great if you could let me know what colours you used. And that is indeed a very clever way of using your scraps!

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is absolutely Gorgeous.
hugs

Jenn Borjeson said...

I'm always looking for new ideas to use my scraps up, thank you! This is too cute! :)

Trina said...

Lovely!