Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Side Step Card Tutorial with Showcase Farmer Thanh

Hiya Farm friends!

It's Showcase Farmer Thanh and I hope that your week is going well so far. I received a lot of sweet comments on my last Wonderland side step card and I thought it would be great to show you a tutorial on how to create your own side step card.



I'm going to be using one of TGF's latest releases, Sitting Casual, with a masculine/hockey theme. (My home team is the Vancouver Canucks so those are the colors I chose). Let's get started!

Supplies:
One 5.5 x 8.5 piece of cardstock
Paper trimmer
Scoring Tool (I used Martha Stewart's)
Embellishments for your card


Step 1: Line your cardstock at 3" on the hamburger side




Step 2: Start at 1" and cut your cardstock all the way to 6 1/2"


Step 3: Score the 2 1/2" (smaller side) of the cardstock at 4 1/4 (your regular A2 size)


Step 4: Now score the 3" (wider) side at 1, 2, 3 1/4, 4 1/2 and 6 1/2


Step 5: Fold your score line at 4 1/4


 Step 6: Fold the first score line (1") on the right hand side of the card down


Step 7: Fold your second score line (2") the opposite way and continue so that you are accordion folding the right side of you card.

Voila!! Just a reminder of what my card looked like:

  

If you want to see my supplies list or just to come say hi, head on over to my blog. :)

Thanks so much for dropping by the Farm today! You will totally want to come back tomorrow as we kick off our March Madness Challenges in our SCS Forum!!!!

Have a great day. Hugs, Thanh 

4 comments:

GCLmom said...

Wow, Thanh, thanks for making this process so understandable! You are so clear on your step by steps, I think I will try it and be successful. Love your card design. :)

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is very awesome. Thanks for the tutorial how to do this card.
I love the whole effect.
Hugs

Isa said...

Thanks for the tutorial, Love your card !!

Naomi said...

This Canucks card is seriously AWESOME, girl! LOVE it! Great design and FABULOUS tutorial..I'll have to give this side step card a go sometime!

Naomi
xoxo