Friday, March 16, 2012

Dies and distress inks tutorial with Guest Designer Grace

Hi TGF friends!
It's March Guest Designer, Grace =)
I hope that your week went well and thank goodness it's FRIDAY!!! *YAY!!!* 
I wanted to teach you all a technique I learned from an card class I took here in Vancouver; 
and I thought it would be AWESOME for me to show you how to use your dies and distress inks.

Here are the supplies I used:
plain white cardstock
Spellbinders’ Nestabilities
tim holtz - distress inks
large sponge dauber 
Big kick / big shot / or some other die cutting machine

STEP 1 - choose a die and cut your white cardstock, using your die-cut machine 
(I have an old Big Kick hehe)

STEP 2 - Keep the white card stock inside the die 
(try not to punch it out of the die or let it fall out)

BUT if the white card stock does falls out, 
just use a couple of pieces of tape to keep the die and the card stock together


STEP 3 - Now take your large sponge dauber and ink. 
Lightly distress the cardstock within the die (I used tim holtz distress ink - bundled sage)

here's a photo of me doing this

You can gradually add more ink until you've reached your "goal" distressed look.
Now in the next photo, you can see the white border around the card stock 

(see how it looks like in this photo - I distressed my white card stock REALLY dark)

& TADA!!! here's the finished card!!!
I used one of TGF' latest releases, Sitting Lovely, with an EASTER themed card!!! 
AND I used this week's TGFSC7 challenge @ TGF Farm Fresh



If you have any questions, you are all welcome to visit me at my blog, HERE .  
Don't hesitate to contact me hehehe =)

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read my VERY FIRST post here @ TGF. 
I hope you learned something new!
CHEERS!

6 comments:

Naomi said...

Adorable card and great tutorial, Grace!

Hugs,
Naomi

Arabella said...

Thanks for the great tutorial Grace! Your card is gorgeous!

Arabella

Isa said...

Thanks so much by the tutorial, and there´s a very nice card ! Hugs ! Isa

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is awesome I did this on my card last night too funny. I love this idea.
Hugs

Lissa said...

This is awesome! I'll have to try it. I've been using the airbrush system for this, but it's not as forgiving if the piece falls out.

adnan amjad said...

A creative work is seen, you have really creative ideas.
Plastic Card
Plastic Cards
scratch Card