Hi there! Larisa here. It's Tutorial Tuesday and I've decided to do a little tutorial on how to create the wavy sentiment banner in this card. These little banners have become quite popular with card-making and the good news is, they're very easy and require hardly any supplies.
Supplies needed: a square punch, sentiment stamp, ink, cardstock, pencil or pen, and glue.
1. Step #1: Stamp your sentiment onto a piece of cardstock and trim around it to form a rectangle. Be sure to leave plenty of room at each end.
2. Step #2: use square punch to create a decorative edge on either side of the sentiment banner. As you can see, it's much easier if you flip your punch over so you are able to see exacly where you are cutting.
If you like you can use your sentiment banner just like this or if you want to add some dimension, see the following steps below.
3. Step #3: use a pen or pencil to mold the paper sentiment into a wavy like shape. Do not press too firmly or you will crease the paper. Just be gentle and work with it a little until it looks the way you want it.
4. Step #4: Now you are ready to glue your sentiment. Only place the glue on the parts of the sentiment that will touch the paper. The glue I've used here is Zip Dry glue, but just about any fast-drying glue will work.
5. Step #5: Place the sentiment on your card/project and hold down the areas with the glue until they are dry. This should only take a few seconds if you are using a fast drying glue.
Now you have a custom 3D sentiment banner!
Hope this tutorial has inspired you to create your own sentiment banner. Try out the steps above and let me know how it goes. I can't wait to see your projects. Have a great week!