Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday ~ Adding Dimension with Showcase Farmer Peggy!

Hey everyone!  Peggy here with this week's tutorial!  It is super easy, by makes a HUGE difference on your finished cards.  I love to pop up my images on my main image panels for a little added dimension, but I am not always perfect when cutting and I am not fond of the white line where I have cut so I like to go around the outside with a grey marker to touch things up and make it all tidy.

First you will need to stamp your image twice.  Here are mine, I have already colored Madden and added the ground on my second image and I am ready to cut out my finished image.


After cutting out my image I trace around the outside edge to clean up any white edges.


Here is what the back looks like, you do need to be careful that you just barely trace around the edges so that your ink does not bleed too much.


I then cut my image panel to the size I want and go around the edges of the image with Copics.  This helps make lower image less noticeable.  I then do any matting and sewing I might want to add.


Next up I use lots of pop dots and attach my colored image to the panel.


And here is my finished card!


I hope you have enjoyed my little tutorial, if you have any questions please ask! 

Have a wonderful day!
Peggy

3 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

Gorgeous! :) Thanks for sharing!

Annette said...

wow this is gorgeous...beautiful coloring..

Rachel Parys said...

Cool tutorial! Thanks!