Sunday, February 26, 2012

...a sweet Sunday farewell to our February Guest!

Hey, everyone!

We're back on Sunday this week to bid our wonderful February guest farewell...but first, the wonderful RINNE has one more post for us!    Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this month, Rinne!

Before we get to today's post, CONGRATS to FEEBSY!!  You are the winner of SHIMMER BEAN from yesterday's comments!  Email Jess to claim your CUTE new prize and thanks to everyone for the beautiful comments and we're glad our new "beans" are being so well-received.

Now...here's RINNE!

Hi everybody!

For my post today, I wanted to 'spring' forward and move on to the next season!! I'm a bit tired of cold weather and gray surroundings, aren't you? Time for some colorful and soft elements!

Thought Birthday Anya II would be perfect for a Spring-themed card. I wanted to do my favorite techniques of layering embellishments and making lots of textures. The fun, rolled papers have shown up again, this time to accompany the flirty, ruffled background.

IMG_4760

Here's a quickie tutorial on the rolled paper. Pics were taken by my phone so they're a bit blurry/ grainy.

Cut several slits on your patterned paper. Make sure it's double-sided.


Take a paper piercer or lollipop stick, and roll the paper around it. You have to roll several times using your fingers and work in the fibers of the paper to make it more pliable.


Try to keep the rolls on different levels for a better layering effect.


Thanks so much for the warm welcome!! I've had a stellar time being the February Guest DT!! A huge thank you to Jess and Marie! I heart TGF! :)

XOXO,
Rinne

******************

Thanks SO much, Rinne for being a FANTASTIC Guest Designer for us and I hope everyone has a great rest of your weekend!

We will be back tomorrow for more MARCH Previews!!!!!!

7 comments:

Stacy said...

congrats Feebsy! :) Rinne, thanks for the lovely inspiration, I adore it!

Feebsy said...

I can't believe I won, how exciting! Love the rolled paper technique, I'm going to give it a go, thanks Rinne.

Feebsy
xx

Isa said...

Thanks for the tutorial :)

Tammy Ortiz said...

Awesome Tutorial.
I am going to give it a try
Hugs Tammy

hey reminder candy is still on the site till 3/10/12 come on over and sign up.
http://tammyscrapincorner.blogspot.com/

mforquer said...

SUPER CUTE!! Love those little twirls on the paper!
Hugs,
Melissa

Denice said...

Rinne, love the technique of rolled paper...it looks wonderful on your card!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Very cute!!!