Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Feeling Rainbow Bright!

Hi everyone!  
Showcase Farmer Naomi, here today with some cards that will set hearts aflutter!

When I received the Flutter Heart set, I decided to go out of my comfort zone and make some CAS cards.

Here's what I came up with:

With this first card, I decided to go for a fun rainbow effect!  I used 21 different inks to achieve this effect.  Three shades in each colour of the rainbow!  The only supplies that I used to make this card were some plain cardstock, ink, Spellbinders Nested Hearts, dimensionals, some thread for the stitching, and 2 stamps from my Flutter Heart stamp set!  Easy peasy!


On this second card, I kept it simple and built a scene doing some selective inking.  All that was needed to create this card was some cardstock, DP, ink, dimensionals, 5 stamps from the Flutter Heart set, thread, and some twine and a button to finish it off!

I really had a TON of FUN playing around with the Flutter Heart set and I realized just how VERSATILE it really is!  When I first saw this set, I thought of it as a Valentine's Day set but, I hope you can see from my projects that it really can be used for SO many different occasions and in SO many different ways!

I'd like to also remind you all that I'm having a HUGE GIVEAWAY over at my blog and you have until the end of the month to enter!

Anyway, I hope that I was able to brighten your day and that the rest of your week is FABULOUS!

HUGS,
Naomi


3 comments:

Trina said...

Awesome, Naomi!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE those are both very nice!!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Wow - that heart card is really cool, love it! Actually, I love them both! :)