Thursday, February 23, 2012

CC Madden with inky backgrounds

Hello friends!! Showcase Farmer Veronica here, sharing two cards with CC Madden. Isn't she cool or what?


The banner says "Thinking of you".


Wanna know how I did the background? I started with coloring the stamped images then I made a mask by stamping the same image on a post it note and cut it out.


I placed the post it Madden over my colored Madden and stamped Splotchy with different distress inks. 



When I was pleased with the "splatter" I used my blending tool, a little ink and worked it from the post it note and out (as you can see in the right side of the image).


I made another card with the same stamp and the same layout. I'ts pretty cool to see how different two "same" cards can be with other colors and patterned papers.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

7 comments:

Naomi said...

ADORABLE card, Veronica! Your colouring is AWESOME and I LOVE that background! Thanks for the GREAT tutorial!

Naomi
xoxo

Jenn Borjeson said...

These are awesome, love your coloring. :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE this technique- and your coloring on Madden is fabulous, too! Great tutorial, Veronica!

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh very nice!

Rachel Parys said...

Awesome technique! I will have to try that! Both cards are ADORABLE!

Shazza said...

this is great!!

mousekemom said...

Love the effect...will most definitely try it!