Thursday, January 26, 2012

More fun with Jo, our January Guest Designer...

Happy Thursday everyone! It's me  Guest Farmer Jo, am I allowed to call myself that? LOL it sounds so country and official. As January Guest Designer, I created some simple and one dimensional cards, that are very mailer friendly, using the Flutter Heart Clear Stamp Set.




Each image in this set is so versatile and can really stand on their own without all the bells & whistles of embellishments. One of my favorite sentiments in this set is "BOY meets GIRL...", adorable! I think it makes a statement used by itself and I just added some mini heart stickers at the tail end. Stamped inside of the card is the cute couple in the set. It may be difficult to see but I did add a tiny heart sticker on the girl's dress.


This second card, I used the "Love" banner and the lined hearts. I couldn't resist adding glitter, so I punched a scallop border across the bottom and laid red glitter paper underneath to peek out.



Did I mention that the couple image is cute? Well I had to use it again in this 3x3 card. I fussy cut the "Joy" scallop banner, popped it up (not too much so you can still mail it) and used it as a platform for the couple stamped on vellum. I added some more of that glitter paper for sparkle.

So I couldn't resist using the Miss Anya Garland stamp, so I gave her some puffy hearts as wings and added her just below the lined heart background alongside the "Flutter" sentiment.

I had a blast making these cards using the current new releases. Thank you so much for welcoming me with open arms this month. Bye for now. 

Have a great day!
Jo
*****************************

We want to thank JO for the awesome projects she has contributed to the Farm for this past month and we have LOVED them all!  Thank you so much, Jo!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
xoxo

11 comments:

Naomi said...

Jo, I just love EVERY one of these! I ADORE the black, white & red colour palette and the design is so fresh, clean, and graphic! DEFINITELY no need for embellishments...and all of the glittery red accents are PERFECT!

SO glad that you could join us as the Guest Designer over at TGF this month...you have been SO inspiring!

Naomi
xoxo

April said...

Wow!! Those are adorable! Seriously CUTE!! Great job!

Jenn Borjeson said...

These are adorable - the last one with Miss Anya has to be my favorite, too cute!!!

Denice said...

So cute! Love the simplicity of these cards.

Emily Martina said...

These are so lovely! Your projects do such a great job of showcasing the stamps!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Fantastic post. Love the way Jo made the cards look so good and yet, not so fussy. Simplicity can be the most elegant.

Smiles!
Gwen

Rachel Parys said...

They are all soooo cute! Love how simple and clean they are. I really love the Anya one, with her cute puffy hearts! Super job!

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS!!! those are ALL Awesome! Great Work lady!!
Hugs, Heidi

kris said...

i just LOVE the simplicity of your cards! Totally FAB!!!!

Michele L. said...

OMG! I love all the samples, but that last card is just truly darling!!!

Tanya R. said...

Jo, your cards are great. I love the simple colors and design, but then the touch of glitter makes it pop. Tfs, Tanya