Monday, January 2, 2012

Meet the TGF SHOWCASE Farmers...

Hi, everyone!

Thanks so much for ringing in your 2012 with The Greeting Farm!
We are so happy you did and have some WINNERS to announce!
CONGRATS to:  MICHELE L!  You are the winner of the ENTIRE Jan. release!
...and congrats to LUANNE!  You win your choice of 4x6 or clear set!
Please email Jess to claim your prizes, ladies- and thanks so much for spending your New Year's with us!

I LOVED reading your comments on my own blog, this blog, and elsewhere welcoming the new team, both PREMIERE and SHOWCASE Farmers alike...here here!  for our new team- they do pretty much ROCK, don't they???

While we had so much going on today, I wanted to take a minute to introduce our new
showcase team, so in no particular order, here they are....our TGF SHOWCASE Farmers:

Naomi Gong


Hi Everyone!  I'm Naomi and I was born and raised in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada area.  I live just outside the city with my man and our two feline fur-babies, Tai and Mischa.
I started scrapbooking with my mom 9 years ago when I graduated high school but, to be honest, at the time, I was more interested in my social life.  About 4 years ago, I began going to crops with my mom to make her happy.  Although I do enjoy scrapbooking and have met many amazing women through it, I never really fell in love with it.  In January of 2011, I began making cards and had no idea what I was getting myself into... I barely even knew blogs existed!  After discovering Blog Challenges, I reluctantly started my own blog in February because I wanted to participate.  The rest is history.  I have met so many sweet and supportive ladies and these days I couldn't even imagine a life without crafting and blogging!
In April, I discovered The Greeting Farm and it was LOVE at first sight!  TGF has the CUTEST stamps out there and I am THRILLED and TRULY honoured to be designing for my FAVOURITE stamp company and to be working with such a sweet and talented group of gals!

Larisa Hohman

Hi, I'm Larisa and I'm a Stampaholic...there, I've admitted it.  That's the first step right???  I'm so excited to be here as a Showcase Designer!!!!  I've been Scrapbooking for a little more than ten years and stamping for just over two.  Boy, does time fly!  As soon as I saw what Copic markers could do, I was hooked!  In my spare time, when I'm not crafting, I teach high school English.  I absolutely love it!  The kids keep me on my toes and there's never a dull moment! I live in a small town in Texas with my husband of five years and though we don't have any children yet, we do have two little fur babies, a chihuahua and a red healer, to keep us busy! Like I said, I'm super excited to be apart of the Greeting Farm Team and I can't wait to get crafting! 

Samantha Peyton

My name is Samantha. I recently got married and will we will be celebrating our first year of marriage later this month. We were together almost 6 years before finally getting married.  Hy husband is finishing up his last semester of grad school and I too am a recent college graduate. We now live in Knoxville,TN with our two adorable pups, which you will see time and time again in my scrapbook layouts if you visit my blog. They are my children. I spend pretty much all my time either in my craft room stamping and creating, or talking about being in my craft room stamping and creating. Aside from crafting & spending time with my family, you can find me watching Criminal Minds (LOVE Dr. Reid), baking, or playing Bakery Story on my iPhone.

Thanh Vo



Hiya TGF Fans! I’m Thanh (pronounced “tan”). I live in the Metro Vancouver area of Canada in a suburban apartment. The reason why I’m telling you about my spatial situation is because we all know how much STUFF we can acquire in the paper crafting world. You can imagine how organized I must be with my, ahem, essential items. *wink* I work full-time during the day and I can be found in my little haven at night either sipping a cup of tea or a yummy martini! I have no kids or pets yet, but a dear boyfriend who is a graphic artist and understands the STUFF I just mentioned above, lol.

I originally started with scrapbooking but I would agonize over a layout and it would take me days, weeks to complete a full page spread! I took a long break and then discovered stamping and as they say, the rest is history! My style? I would say somewhere along the lines of whimsy-chic. I am attracted to bright and fun colours of patterned paper and absolutely adore my Copics and TGF stamps. 

I am SO excited and honoured to be on the Showcase DT with all these other talented ladies and I look forward to getting to know all of you over the next 6 months!


Emily Martina

I am currently finishing up my final year as an undergrad with a focus in printmaking at the Maine College of Art. When I am not in the studio, I can usually be found amidst a pile of patterned paper, stamps as far as the eye can see, ink pads, lace, ribbons, punches and of course my trusty ATG. I have been crafting and making art since I got my first box of Crayola crayons, and I have not turned back since. I started making cards about two years ago, but I have been a long time scrapbooker and paper addict. I purchased my first Greeting Farm Stamps last summer, and I have been growing my collection ever since! While I love all the adorable TGF characters, I especially adore the Creeper Crew and Cheeky Cherry’s. I am so excited to have the opportunity to play along with all of you and the super talented FarmerS!

Veronica Ohlsson

My name is Veronica, I'm 34 y old and I live in Sweden with my hubby Martin and our two boys Melker (7) and Viggo (5). I work as an optometrist and I really love my job eventhough it's quite busy sometimes. I started scrapbooking 4 years ago and I realized that I found the best way to relax after a tough day at work (or after an even tougher day home with the boys...;-) I red somewhere: It's not a hobby anymore - it's an obsession!! So true!!
 
In the beginning I only made LOs but then I found the wonderful world of stamps and started to play with  markers. I was introduced to TGF by my friend Anna Maria and it was love at first sight! My collection is growing and my kids love them as well. I have two crafting boys who loves to sit beside me and create. My oldest son is in the1st grade and many of his (boy)friends wants to play at our place so they play with all stamps, scissors and glue =)
 

Peggy Toole

Hey everyone!  My name is Peggy and I live in beautiful British Columbia.  I am married and have 3 wonderful boys who all support this crazy obsession I have with all things stamping! I have been stamping now for about 6 years and blogging for almost 4.  I love that this is such a wonderful and supportive community and have made some amazing friends through this hobby both in real life and online.  I have been dreaming of working on the farm since I got my first Greeting Farm stamp. I'm so thrilled and honored to be on this team with such an amazing group of talented women!  
Tracy Valure

Hello, I'm Tracy and I live in Sunny South Florida!  I have been happily married to my best friend for 13 years. I have two fabulous children - Michael, 12, and Kara, 7.  My mother-in-law introduced me to scrapbooking right after getting married. We found our way into the stamping world and I have been been stamping for about 10+ years now. I love to do both, but find the most pleasure in card making. I think because it is instant gratification!!  I work full time. In my spare time (gasp!) I love to read and SHOP! My husband and I also do alot of traveling. Just say the word and I will be on the next flight! I'm a huge facebook junkie.  I love social networking. I also love to go out!  Hubby and I try to have a date night every other weekend, kid free!  I am so grateful to to be here designing for The Greeting Farm!!!! I hope we have a long run together and you all enjoy viewing the creations just as much as I enjoy creating them!

How's THAT for an AMAZING lineup of women?


We are VERY excited to welcome ALL of them...and stay tuned for a fun post from Emily up tomorrow...and stay tuned for our reveal of the JANUARY GUEST DESIGNER on Thursday!
Have a great day, everyone!

8 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Welcome ladies! Congrats to the winners!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Grace said...

OMG!! What a GREAT new crew!!! I'm so excited to see my Vancouver "neighbors" Naomi & Thanh in this AWESOME group!!! YAH!!! *woot woot*

eva said...

great to meet the new dt!! congrats to everyone and happy new year too!

Luanne said...

Wow! I see my name in there. :D

Welcome! to the new DT. Happy New YEar!

Luanne
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Jas said...

Congratulations ladies, very well deserve. I'm excited to see all your creations! Hugs, Jas

mousekemom said...

Congrats, ladies, and welcome to the Farm family! Can't wait to see more of your fabulous creations!

Sammi said...

Congrats ladies!! Look forward to seeing all your wonderful TGF creations!! xxx

Corinna said...

What an amazing new team! So excited to be joining all of you in this fabulous new adventure. Your artwork is just amazing and inspiring. Looking forward to more! :D