Monday, September 19, 2011

A Spooktacular Designer Spotlight

Hi all, its Farmer Denice here and I have to tell you, I LOVE living in the Midwest and thoroughly enjoy all four seasons (even if I do feel the winter season is 2 months too long) and in a couple of days it will officially be fall, which is my favorite season. We’ve already started to have cooler temps, and just this past weekend we saw hay bales and pumpkin fields cropping up on the country roads! It’s true, I’m definitely falling into the Halloween spirit and am getting the itch to start decorating...even though I know it’s waaaaaay too early...or is it?!!

Nah, it’s never too early, LOL! I’ve got a cute project I’d like to share with you today using the Spooktacular digi set which came out last year. I instantly fell in love with these little characters...and thought they’d make the cutest little ornaments/charms. A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!!



I had to think of what I was going to hang the ornaments from and after another ‘ah ha’ moment I pulled out my handy-dandy Cricut and used one of the Halloween cartridges to make this not-so-spooky tree to hang them from. Then I added a few sets of eyes...hoping for a spooky feel! Not too scary though, right?!!


Lastly, thanks for stopping by today! I want to give a BIG shout-out to all the followers here at TGF for the warm welcome and positive comments over the past couple of months...they truly warm my heart!

:Dx
Denice

8 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Awesome project.

Janine said...

woowww scary cool
love it

tracey said...

Fabulous project Denice. Kind of makes me wish that we celebrate Halloween here in Australia.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Denice, this is just the cutest thing ever! Great job! :)

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE This is sooooo darn adorable!! Love the idea! Oh it's never too early. lol My 5 yr old made me put up all our inside decorations for Halloween last week!!! WE are deff. in the Halloween mood! Love that new Cheeky Kitty digi too!

salma said...

There was a great project....Kind of makes me wish that we celebrate !!
discount card printing
custom gift cards
plastic card
Scratch Card

JenRaff said...

That is incredible!!! Wow! Love it!

Michelle said...

I totally love this project! :-) I want to make one, but just one question though: What did you use to make the tree to make it sturdy? Please let me know, thanks!