Monday, August 22, 2011

Designer Spotlight with Farmer Carisa!

I am thrilled to be hosting another designer spotlight with you today! It's always fun to get to know the other designers on the team and hope you love this feature as much as I do! I think it's well known that my favorite color medium of choice are copics! Well, there is always something new to learn in the world of coloring and I love to stretch myself by trying new techniques as well as just continuing to grow by coloring whenever I can. This past week, I was introduced to coloring with OUT black lines! What?! Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking the first time. haha But then I kept seeing over and over the amazing outcomes with this technique so I just HAD to give it a try. I pulled out Birthday Anya 2 and stamped her with a very light palette ink called haystack. Then I began coloring her as I normally do. I always start with skin, then hair & clothing last. I started freaking out when I got to doing the hair but I persevered and in the end I loved how she turned out! I hope you do, too! 

What about you? Do you like trying something new or does it intimidate you? Do you try to do it anyway? Leave me a comment and let me know! :D Also, is there anything you'd like to know for my next designer spotlight post? I'd love to be able to answer our loyal TGF fans questions for next time!!

20 comments:

Jenny said...

Love it! Gotta try this myself- thanks for sharing!

Toni said...

Wow - I've never seen this before. It looks really cool. I don't own any copics (current unemployment status doesn't allow for this kind of purchase). I'll have to store this in my memory bank for the future. Thanks for posting.

gobeagirl said...

OMWord Carisa! I so have to give this a try. It looks like you have hand painted her just by looking at a picture or portrait. Thanks so much for sharing. As soon as I have a day off I am so going to give this a go. Awesome card and coloring too. Hugs, Lisa G

RiNNE said...

Wow! She looks incredible! I love trying out new stuff and pushing myself too. What brand of ink did you use? So gorgeous- looks like a painting!! I have to try this!

Denice said...

Gorgeous Carissa!!!!

Sue D said...

Great job--I never even thought of trying this!

Loca4paper said...

I love it!Thank you for sharing something new. I love to try new techniques..can't wait to try it out. Did you re color the eyes? Thanks for sharing:)

Shazza said...

she looks amazing. I have got a pale image ready to colour, just plucking up the courage first x

margie c said...

Oh my! This is beyond stunning, Carisa! I love the look! TFS! This is definitely something to play with :)
hugs, margie

jigglymills said...

This is really cool! Just like a portrait! Thank you for sharing! ;)

Arabella said...

This is awesome! I just saw this technique today over on FB and I'm dying to give it a go!

Arabella

g said...

WOW this is super cool! i love how you colored her & i'd like to give this technique a try too! i'm still fairly new to working with my copics and need a lot of practice- thanks for the awesome inspo!!

Kelly Booth said...

Soooooooo Cute!! I must give this a try.....

Happy Earth Girl said...

Can't wait to try this technique!! She is beautiful!!!!!!!! I use Prismacolor markers.... I hope my results are as gorgeous as yours!

Grace said...

omg!!!!!! this is amazing!!! i gotta do this myself =)

Sammi said...

You've done an AWESOME job Carisa!
Love your work!
Sammi
xx

Jennifer Shults said...

I LOVE how this turned out Carissa! It's gorgeous and such a different look. I'm definitely going to have to give this a go. I'm thinking London Fog Memento Ink might give a good look and I have Haystack sitting around too... definitely on my to do list!!

grandmabonnie said...

Oh wow, Carisa...what an awesome idea and i am blown away with your image (as usual)..

tracey said...

Oh my goodness! This is amazing carisa. Love it. Can't wait to give it a try.

thescrapmaster said...

That turned out so pretty!! I can't wait to give this one a try!!!
Hugs,
Samantha
www.thescrapmaster.com