Friday, July 15, 2011

Welcome to...


Hello friends! Today is a very exciting day because this is a project I'd like you to join me in! Art journaling! Many of you may have notice that a lot of beautiful type of scrappy swirly painterly creativeness is all over the crafting world. All you have to do is just google image the word art journaling and 'BOOM' you will be bombarded with tons of awesomeness. Being the late bloomer that I am, I thought I'd take on an art journal project and of course it would be a ton more fun if I wasn't doing it by myself! So, Jess decided to take this on with me and today we introduce to you a simple little project with will take course over a span of about 23 weeks. We will be doing an art journal spread once a week. Each week will be a new theme. And finally at the end, we will all have our very own finished art journal, and of course for those of you who complete this project will be receiving special gift from us! So if you are interested keep on reading!

If you've never art journaled before, DON'T WORRY! I haven't either! That's why its going to be so fun. We can do it together! There are no strict rules or anything. Every Friday I will announce a theme and then you just run with it and create whatever you want on your pages. Simple as that!

Step 1: Register! If you are interested in joining this 'class', please send me an email with your name to thegreetingfarm@gmail.com . In the subject heading please put 'Heart Journaling register'. I will be adding your name to our roster (which will help us keep track of who completing the assignments, etc). We will be making a folder in our gallery with your name on it so that you can upload your project each week.

Step 2: Get a journal! This can be any sketchbook, notebook, whatever you like to use. I actually made my own by coptic stitching some watercolor paper together and binding it with a hard cover. Then I painted and decorated the cover. I titled it 'Dream 2011'. Cuz I'm cheesy like that. :)


Step 3: Get ready to have some fun!!!

Assignments will be due Thursday morning 8:00am cst. We will be going into all folders and checking them out and pulling some up for show-n-tell each Friday.

If you feel kinda lost right now but still want to participate, don't worry I will explain more when we start our first assignment next Friday! Right now all you need to do this week is register and get your journal!

Hope you'll join me in this quest to get our creative juices flowing!!!

18 comments:

Lola Azul said...

I love the idea!!. Great!!

tracey said...

Oh, WOW. I can't wait to play. Just what i need to get started.

Denice said...

Wowza, so out of my element...but you can count me me!!! HeHe!!

April said...

I love this idea, even if it scares me a bit.....
But, on the flip side, it might just be what I need to keep my mojo flowing!!

~*Joni said...

Oooh sounds like fun!! :) This is the perfect oomph I need to finish unpacking my craft room. :)

Shazza said...

wow great idea, I have never tried art journalling cos I was too scared!!!
x

margie c said...

Squeee, this sounds awesome! I just did a practice page in an old sketch book, but I have a new one all ready to go :)
Thanks for doing this!
hugs, margie

Amy said...

Just sent you an email... I'm looking forward to getting started on this! :)

aichaku-愛着 said...

i'd love to join in! sending you an email.

Pippa (pjbear) said...

I've sent you an email, TY

Tina Gilliland said...

YAYY... so going to play along!!! LOVE this idea!!!

mousekemom said...

Sounds fun...any particular size format for the book? I am thinking somewhat small and portable. Looking forward to hearing more!

CraftyMomOf2 said...

I am so excited!! Can't wait to participate!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Jenn Borjeson said...

Actually, this sounds like a lot of fun. I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks! :) xo

RiNNE said...

OOOOh, this really intrigues me! Count me in!

Shaela said...

*squeal!* This is just the kick-in-the-pants I need to do some art journaling. I think I'm going to register... if nothing else, it will be a good fun time, right? :)

Stephanie said...

I'm looking forward to playing...this will be my first art journal!

Lisa M. said...

(gulp) Okay, I'm in. I have never art journalled before. I am slightly intimidated...but I'm game to try it!