Thursday, July 21, 2011

THROWBACK THURSDAY with WS DAHLIA

Hi there everyone and welcome to THROWBACK THURSDAY at the farm. Today's the day we dust off our older, sometimes forgotten TGF stamps and give them the love and attention they deserve.

So, today i have decided to showcase wild sprout DAHLIA. She is one of my favorite little wild sprouts, and i could hear her calling "pick me, pick me", so of course i did.





I colored her with copics to match some scraps of patterned paper that were getting lost on my scrap desk. I added some red spica to her lips, black spica on her shoes and a little bit of opaque white on her eyes to really make them pop! I often add this, as it means i can color right over them in skin color to start with as i know i will be making them white later. Just a nifty little time-saving tip.

Here's a close-up too.


Isn't she super-cute. I hope you are now inspired to show your old TGF friends some inky love.

Happy stamping,
Farmer tracey. XO.






4 comments:

Denice said...

Such a pretty card Tracey, and the ever-adorable Dahlia is perfectly colored! The little word bubbles are the perfect touch too!

margie c said...

Dahlia is such a sweetie! She's one of my faves! I love how you colored her, the whole card is just too cute!
TFS! hugs, margie

Kelly Booth said...

She is sooooo cute...Always Loved her!! I should dig her out as well. Your Card is Adorable....

Dictionary said...

That is Cute, Cute, Cute. I too like to use spica on eyelashes and lips.