Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dream of all the Possibilities

Hi everyone! It's Jen here and I wanted to stop back in this week to share another mixed media project I made with the new Blush Society stamps. Today I used Blush Babette and Blush Heart as well as the wings from the Spotlight Kit.

(Please click on the image to see a larger view.)

I started my project with a 5x7" canvas board that was pre-gessoed and I coated it in a thin layer of pink paint that I mixed up. For my mixed media projects I like to use a thinner body acrylic paint because I want the paint to be slightly transparent. I use the Folk Art brand of paint from Hobby Lobby (most craft stores carry this brand).



After painting the canvas pink and allowing it to dry I added a bit of sparkle all over the canvas with Liquitex Basics Iridescent Medium applied with my fingers. This give just a bit of shine and sparkle to the canvas. Next I drew out the word dream lightly in pencil and painted it in a forest green color, again leaving the paint a little transparent.



I added the Blush Hearts stamped with a Adirondack sponge dauber in Snow Cap. The little circles were sponged on with Vintage Photo Distress Ink through a craft painting stencil. I stamped Babette's wings in the Snow Cap as well and then glued her to the canvas with Glossy Accents. I LOVE to use Glossy Accents as glue. When nothing else will stick that stuff sticks and stays stuck.



Lastly I added a few defining details with charcoal around Babette, the hearts and letters, black paint pen around the letters and to hand write the "of all the possibilities" and a little bit of white paint to make the border. I punched the holes for the hanger with my Crop-a-dile and used a bit of sheer dyed ribbon for the bow.




Thanks for taking a peek today! I really encourage you to try out your stamps in some new ways and see what can be done! If you have time hop on over to my blog where I am giving this canvas away! Have a fantastic Thursday. :)

4 comments:

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Gorgeous project Jen!! Love the touch of sparkle!!

Kim C said...

Fabulous project! Thanks for all the ideas!

eva said...

such a sweet project!

Denice said...

Oh my....such a fab mixed media project! i love all the kittle details and learning how you went about it! I have to say that Blush Babette is stuningly colored...love the highlights in her hair!