Monday, July 4, 2011

Designer Spotlight with *gasp* Farmer Carisa!!!

Oh MY Goodness - I love the ring that has to it! *giggle* I am SO thrilled to be here kicking off the Designer Spotlights with the new crop of farmers!! It's been so much fun already and we're SO happy that the July release has been so well received by our fabulous TGF Fans! You all are the best & most sweetest bunch ever. All the comments, I wish I could respond to each and every one of them, so instead I'm just going to say a big collective THANK YOU for making me feel so loved and truly welcomed as a part of this fabulous DT!!! 

Ok, so a little bit about myself before I show you my card for today! I'm in my 30's, it's just easier to say that because honestly after I had my 2nd kid, I forget how old I am sometimes and now I have three so forget it! LOL I married my HS sweetheart nearly 11 yrs ago - we'll be celebrating a pretty cool anniversary this year on 11-11-11!!! We have 3 gorgeous and amazing kiddos, Tolla is 6, Teagan aka. Tiki is 4 and Trey is about to turn 16 months in a couple of days. They are so sweet and I'm so blessed to call myself their mom. Btw, in case you didn't know, Trey and Lily Bean are betrothed. haha!!! Yes, I'm lucky enough to live near The Farm itself and I tend to head out there every once in awhile to hang with the fabulous Marie and now Lily who is just as cute as in all her pics, if not CUTER! It's so awesome to be such a fan of these stamps and yet have found a true friendship in the middle of my obsession! I have met so many amazing people thru this hobby and I will always treasure that above all. I was thinking back about when I started stamping and I remember trying out for TGF DT during their first call!! Isn't that amazing? See, I just want to tell you all that good things DO come to those who wait. Never give up and if you love what you are doing - keep doing it for yourself! ;D I am just as thrilled NOW to be a part of this DT as I would have been THEN. Probably, to be honest, even more so! I was tempted to share a card I submitted way back then, but eek, LOL! Just let me be honest and say, I have come a LOOOOONG way. ;D haha Practice, Practice, Practice.

So, with that, let me share with you what I made for you. I am absolutely in LOVE with the newly released Blush Society stamps - especially Babette - I LOVE her hair! And she's so vintage, I just had to try coloring her monochromatically.

I am also following this weeks Farm Fresh WOW Challenge which is to do black and white with a splash of color. It's pretty obvious my color splash is RED! I was flipping thru my papers and saw this amazing one from October Afternoon 5 and dime collection and ran with it. I also used some OA Sprinklers on the DP to make it even more vintage. There is still time to enter the challenge and I hope you will pop on over and join in all the challenge fun! :D


So, that's it for me! I can't believe I have just made my first official post as a farmer!!! Seriously, I'm still pinching myself. I want to thank Jessica and Marie so much for this opportunity and I'm hoping time will just slow a smidgen so it will last a little bit longer! ;D You know what they say, time flies when you are having fun, so I'm thinking I will blink and it will all be over! haha


Hugs,
Carisa

10 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Carisa. I am so happy for you. Like you my ultimate goal is to be able to call myself a designer on one of the awesome Greeting Farms DTs. I love these stamps and all the people I have met through them. I am so happy to be able to share all of your wonderful cards and other creations. I love the new stamps as well and just like you I love her hair. I can not wait to get all the new ones in the mail. lol...Again Congratulations and Happy 4th of July. Hugs, Lisa G

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Welcome to the Farm! Your card is amazing. Your coloring is super stellar...so awesome, really! Can't wait to see what you do over the next six months. I'm sure it will all be fabulous.

SMiLES!
GWeN

Denice said...

Caria, the way you colored Babette is oh, so FAB...her hair just shines!

What a great post! It was fun to hear your DT story, but even better...to hear about the upcoming nuptials! LOL!

:Dx Denice

Jess-The Whimsical Butterfly said...

Girl, you ROCKED the first spotlight and OH WOW your card is amazing- I LOVE the greyscale/black and white coloring and on that pop of pink and black it is just stunning! WELCOME to the team! :)

Shazza said...

beautiful card Carisa, gorgeous colouring.
x

Jacilynn said...

woohoo! Congrats Carisa. You are awesome and inspired me today with your post.

margie c said...

It's a pleasure to 'meet' you Carisa! Babette is stunning! I love how you colored her! and your card's style is beautiful! I look forward to seeing more of your TGF creations :)
hugs, margie

Jennifer Shults said...

Wow Carissa! this is sooo amazing! I love the papers you used and your coloring is GORGEOUS!! Just a beautiful card. I'm so happy for you to be a Farmer!!! Congratulations again!

Naomi said...

Carisa, this card is STUNNING! I love everything about it...I can see why you finally got on the DT! Congrats again..you deserve it!

HolyScrap said...

Your card is amazing, can't wait to get mine. What color combo did you use? I'm new at Copic coloring.
TFS!!
;0)
Norma