Sunday, June 26, 2011

Farmer Farewells...

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder...but we all know I'm not sure how I feel about that sentiment!   Ack!  Has it REALLY been 6 months already?   I'm not sure if it was the smaller-sized team we went with this past term, or the amazing talent....or did I say the amazing talent???) of this team, but we are surely appreciative of all they have brought to the Farm and we wanted to showcase a bit of each of them before we say goodbye...

Sari Hanninen has had a style all her own, and I don't think any of us would be hard-pressed to pick her cards out of a crafty ''line-up", huh?  That corrugated kraft is her 'trademark' and we thank her for the great video tutorials she's shared with us!   Here's Sari's favorite card from her TGF term:

Buttercup was a true gem to find.  While I cannot say HOW I stumbled upon her blog when I asked her to Guest last year, I definitely remember how i felt- need. her.  now.  LOL.   One month just wasn't enough, so we asked her to stay on as a Farmer and I'm so glad we did.    Here is a fave that I chose from her cards- she's been very busy doing some theatrical fun stuff so I picked for her ;)  We'll miss ya, Buttercup!

Every time I'd get an email from Tanya Tahir, I remember thinking before I opened it "can't wait to see this..".  Her cards were always bright, cheery, consistent, and well-executed.   Tanya sent in this card as her fave during her TGF term:

Here is a little bit from Tanya in her own words:


"They say that time flies when you’re having fun and the past 6 months literally flew for me!  I really have to say that I have loved every second of this journey.  It has been SO much fun!  The friendships I have made while being on this team mean so much to me and I have enjoyed being able to showcase the BEST CUTE stamps for you all to see each month.  And of course, receiving all the stamps has been an incredible bonus and one I have appreciated so very much.  To Jess and Marie, I thank you BOTH from the bottom of my heart for believing in me and giving me the most wonderful and exciting opportunity!  I still remember the email inviting me to the design team and that feeling of being on cloud nine is something that I will never forget.  And to Emma, Sari and Buttercup, thank you so much for taking the ride with me – it’s been a BLAST!  ~Tanya"


Thankfully I have the pleasure of continuing on with Emma Eads on another team so I won't have to 'miss' her...but we sure are going to miss her beautiful creations on the Farm!  Here is a gorgeous creations sent in from Emma as her fave during her time with TGF:

 Here is a little bit of  Emma in her own words:

"Well I don't really know how to say Goodbye without feeling a little sad! I have absolutely had the best time EVER on this Dt and I want to thank Marie and Jess for giving me the most AMAZING opportunity EVER, You Ladies Rock, so thank-you! To the other DT girls, it has been a pleasure to work with you all and I look forward to seeing what you do in this next chapter of our crafting life!

I have had SO much fun on this DT, mostly because of the amazing people I have got to work with, but also  because TGF are the BEST stamps ever and I know that they will always have a very special place in my heart, not mention they are just GORGEOUS! I have to say that my all time Favourites have to be the 'Creepers', I just love these guys, there's just something about them!

Last of all I want to send out a Great BIG thank-you to all the Loyal TGF Fans out there who always took the time out to leave me such Lovely comments, they were always appreciated. I also want to wish the new Farmers all the best and I know that you are going to love your time on this DT just as I have and I can't wait to see all the new previews that you guys are going to do, although I am a little Jealous...hehe!

Ok so here is one of my Favourite TGF cards that I have made while being a Farmer! There are way too many to pick just ONE favourite, but this is definitely one of them!"

Well.... what can I say?
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to these 4 talented women who have brought so much to TGF!

As always, this is one of the hardest parts of my job, but I think that you will all be very excited when tomorrow marks the beginning of a NEW Journey for TGF with some NEW faces....some VERY new faces...and a few familiar, too ;)....all that starts tomorrow....but for today, let's relish in these fine and inspiring ladies...

xoxo,
Jess

8 comments:

Tamara said...

sounds like you are going to let them go so they may excell, what grand thing to do!! wish I new them and you better! I now I have some excelent stamps from the greating farm!!

faithnme said...

Hats off to you Very talented ladies.. WOW!!! I enjoyed seeing all of your creations and was most definitely inspired by your work and dedication.. Only Blessings and good wishes to you all in all that is to come..

Hugs
Sharette

gobeagirl said...

I am going to miss seeing all of these ladies' awesome coloring and designs. I can not believe that 6 months has gone bye so fast. Best wishes to everyone. I can not wait to see who your new artists are going to be. Talk about exciting! Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Hugs, Lisa G

Grace said...

we're going to miss all of you ladies!!! i always looked forward to your inpirational cards =) best wishes to all our farmers!

Leanne said...

Thank you Farmers for giving us terrific inspiration. I really enjoyed all the previews and the tutorials not to mention all the things I've learned about each of you. Thank you for your inspiration and for always "bringing it" with your projects. Hugs,

Denice said...

Farmer girls, I've loved each and every one of your projects/cards...I always love going to your blogs and hoping you'd have something new for us to try...you never disappointed! Hope to see more of your talents in the gallery!

Shazza said...

farewell to a very talented bunch, amazing creations x

roseflowerbooks said...

The new line is super cute and all the new farmers are fabulous. So much inspiration so little time. I love The Greeting Farm Stamps they are the best!