Monday, June 20, 2011

Designer Spotlight with Farmer Tanya

Hey Farm Friends!  It's Tanya here with the last Designer Spotlight for the current design team.  Because this is the last spotlight for me I thought I would talk a little bit about how I got started and the history of my card making career.

I began paper crafting in 2005 as a scrapbooker and then I ventured into stamping when a friend took me along to a stampers workshop.  I have to admit that it took me a while to really fall into the stamping world.  I think the main reason was because I wasn't very good at it!  Then I started looking around online and blog surfing and seeing all these gorgeous stamps being released and wished so much that I could use them, so I picked up my inkpads again and just kept at it, making cards and using my stamps.  I would enter alot of online card challenges, including TGF ones since I fell in love with TGF stamps the very second I laid eyes on them - I guess you could say it was love at first sight haha!  I still love them very much of course!  You will often hear me banging on about how they are THE BEST CUTE STAMP manufacturer around!  Initially I only ever used to water colour my stamps and then I discovered copic markers and that opened up a whole new world for me!  I have loved card making ever since and now I call myself both a scrapbooker AND a card maker :)

So there you have it.  There's a little bit about how I got started in card making.  I hope you learned something new about me ;)

I will leave you with this card which I created using the new Ballet Anya Digi.  She is just perfect for all those little girls who dream of being a ballerina!

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!! tfs!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee that card Tanya!! Sooooooo cute!!! And loved reading your story on how you started with stamping!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Denice said...

What a fab card Tanya...so pretty and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ribbon you used! Hope to see you continue joining the upcoming challenges at TGF...I've loved seeing all your cards!

Sharon said...

Such a pretty card. Love all the texture the ribbon trim gives!