Monday, June 13, 2011

Designer Spotlight and "Sparkly Cheer" with SHARETTE SMITH!...

Hi Everyone.. It’s Sharette  ( Sha.R.ette) here with this week’s “Designer Spotlight”, and I have to say that I am still in “Ahh-excitement” about being this month’s Guest Designer. Have always been a “HUGE” fan of “The Greeting Farm”. loved my first Anya the moment I saw her, and it took me such a long time to even get the nerves to color up one of my stamps yet alone enter them in to any kind of challenges.  to see the work done my the DT on the Farm past and present., is just Amazing.. So the get that email from Jess asking if I would like to be a “guess Designer”. I was left speechless for a long time :0)))

So a little about my self.  I am a wife and a mom of 4. My oldest Daughter just graduated from High School 2 weeks ago ( Still a very proud “mama”) and my youngest Daughter will be graduation from Kindergarten in 2 weeks.  ( I have to boys in the middle.. So 2 and 2)I have been a stay at home mom for the last 2 years now. It was around that time that I got my first “baby bug Cricut machine; and that is where my love for crafting and “all things’ card making was born.  I truly still consider my self a “toddler” in my card making skills.. Meaning that I still have soo much to learn and I feel that I do that a little more each day, I will say that I get my inspiration from a lot of the wonderful people that I have meet and blogs that I have visited along the way .  I would consider my card making style  to be “Simple but Sassy. I LOVE bright, bold colors. I love bling and sparkle. I always try to stay true to my self. If I see something I like I try it. I don’t really like to over think my cards.  (even though I am always up to trying a new technique and stepping out of the box. I use what I have and I hope that others will see that and may be inspired by something that they see.

Ok So now for my card. If any of you are following my blog, you will know that since January I have set a "goal" for my self that I would make "an ornament-card" for every month and so that by December I would have at least 12 cards or project for every month of the year and that I would include them as part of my "holiday decoration for this year. I decided to make an "easel card" with one of my "favorite" stamps "Cheeky Christmas" (I actually LOVE all of the "Cheeky " Line) 

>>>This is my very "First" time giving "directions" ( I don't even want to call it a "tutorial) on how I created my card. soo Please be nice to me as I go thru how I came up  with it!! hehehe I know that I  may have missed a lot of steps , soo if you have any questions please leave it in your comments and I will try my best to "answer" your questions. Here we go!!!!

  I started with a standard A2 card ( 41/4 X 51/2) card stock,  folded in half, then  I cut out another piece of card stock using my Largest "scallop" Nesti and my Cuttleblug . I also used several different sizes of my Nesti scallop and circle die cut; to cut out my DP. 
I took my Card base and folded the top half using my "bone folder. ( this will be the base for the "easel".)

This is the "2nd" card stock that I cut out. It  will be the front of my card. I used all of my DP and the "scraps of my card stock to cut out the shapes. ( I saw this sketch on another challenge site and wanted to try it out) Sentiment is also from the "Cheeky Christmas" set. After I cut it out with my Nesti I used some "Tim Holtz" Broken ChineDistress ink to ink up the edges.
OK.. So this is what it looks like after I attached it to my card. ( I used my "2 way Zig glue" on the part of the card stock that is folded. Make sure you line up the front of the decorated card  and hold for a few seconds"
This is where I wanted to focus on my card. I thought it would be fun to have "cheeky" on the inside of the card.. So when it stands like this you get a totally different effect " ( well that's how I see her!! hehehe. 
I colored Cheeky with my Prisma and OMS.
Skin: 1080: Beige Sienna, 945: Sienna Brown, 946: Dark Brown
Hair: 935:: Black, 1056 Warm Gray 70 %, 1054 Warm Gray 50%, 1061: Cool Gray 30 %
Fur: 903: True Blue, 906: Copenhagen Blue, and for her hat and outfit, 1023: Cloud Blue . AND of course I added LOTS of Stickles: Diamond to her fur
Design Papers are from "Deja Views " Fair Isle Christmas" I found these ( a full 12 x 12 pack) in a $2.00 grab-bag from "Michael's a few months a go. Snow Flake is from "Ek Success , Bling is from Martha Stewart. ( just some left overs that I had  and wanted to use up). I used my with gel pen to add some dots to the base. By using pops dots on her I was able to let the card stand on it own by just resting it on the top of her hat.

Here are a few more shots showing different "angles"
I really hope that I was NOT too long with my post. ( I was really nervous with this heheheh. But again I hope that someone may have been "inspired" OR at least like my "project" !!! Have a Fabulous "Crafty" day.

Hugs and Blessings,
Sharette
                   

7 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

awe congrats again!! I love your card. it is soooo darn cute!! TFS!
~Heidi Brawley

gobeagirl said...

Hi Sharette. You are too cute! I think you have some wonderful talent and I again want to congratulate you on being a guest designer. What an honor I say. Love your card and I think that you did a great tutorial on it. Hugs, Lisa

girlia said...

Beautiful and Adorable.

Tena E. said...

Hi Sharette & Congrats! Your card is just gorgeous, great job!

Trina said...

Yay Sharette! I know how much you LOVE some TGF, so I can truly believe you are excited about this GDT spot!! Your card is colored and arranged beautifully! Anya looks absolutely delightful in her sparkly blue!

Papercrafting Princess said...

What a lovely card Sharette! TFS and Congratulations. I just love your creations with The Greeting Farm images.

Teen Queen said...

Sharette! What a great creation. TFS. Lovely coloring. congratulations.