Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ahoy Amelia

I just cannot believe how quickly a half a year has passed! I started out in January, and now it's already June, the final month for me to inspire at The Greeting Farm. It has been a blast, I must tell you. It feels like I've learned so much.
Thank you all, for leaving such lovely comments and feedback.  I hope you do come back to the blog of The Greeting Farm, because I'm sure the'll be up for something funky pretty soon :-)!

...

And with the warm winds blowing here in Sweden, I feel inspired to work with a nautical theme. I just fell in love with both Oliver and Amelia in the Ahoy set, and I cannot get enough of them!. They sure are some cute puppies :-).




It seems like I haven't overcome my love for corrugated paper either :-). I think that corrugated paper gives a nice touch to just any project!



I couldn't have been happier to have come up with an idea to use small bottles on cards or altered things. And when I saw this wonderful little bottle, my heart skipped a beat. I stamped on a piece of paper with a text stamp and inked the edges before rollling it up and glueing the bottle down to the card.


I started working with this super cute Amelia from the Ahoy set. I coloured her in and decided on keeping her marine looking. I've also punched out two borders with a sea theme. I've also die cut a big gadget gear to put behind the month and date stamp.
Do you see the little cute seagull there?



And just to emphasize, I also put a post card stamp in the background... Just to give the feel of snail mail.



I've used a spotchy stamp to dirty the paper up.


All the best to all of you!
Sari

7 comments:

gobeagirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gobeagirl said...

Hi Sari. I love your card. It is just do indepth and I love all the extras that you have added. This is just adorable! I also love all your little touches. As with you I am just getting into Oliver and Amelia. I have a few more that I need to get, but I'll get there. lol... Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Lisa G

faithnme said...

OMG.. where di you find that bottle and little "Seagull" just soo stinking cute.. Great JOB>.

Hugs
Sharette

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Sari, this card is absolutely AMAZING! I love all the details...the message in the bottle...WOW!

Thanks for inspiring us these past six months. You are a wonderful talent.

Smiles!
Gwen

Jenn Borjeson said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Leanne said...

Oh Sari, this is so cute!! I love all the details down to the message in a bottle. You have been a wonderful inspiration and I just want you to know that I am a fan! Hugs,

Denice said...

And inspire you have! I've loved each and every one of your cards over the months, and this one is no exception!