Monday, May 9, 2011

TGF's Spotlight On...

Hi everyone!! It's Jessie, here, this month's guest designer and I am in this week's Designer Spotlight here at The Greeting Farm, and since most of you probably don't know me, here goes!!

My name is Jessie Rone, and I am HOPELESSLY addicted to stamping! I started back in 2002, when my then boss became an SU demonstrator. I was immediately hooked, but did some stamping here and there for about 5yrs. I became a demo, myself, and HATED doing the parties, so I acquired QUITE the collection of stamps to meet my minimum, LOL! While I was married(now divorced), I stopped working in 2007, and discovered the wonderful world of challenges over at Splitcoast Stampers. I was IMMEDIATELY hooked, and fell in love with everything about the SCS community. Stampers are some of the most kind, generous, loving, caring, and flat out AWESOME people I have met....the whole group in general. I have forged some AMAZING friendships from there, and have had the IMMENSE pleasure of serving on the Dirty Dozen, as well as, designing for some amazing companies: My Favorite Things, There She Goes, and Paper Pretties just to name a few. I have been a guest designer for Verve Stamps, as well, and now the Greeting Farm. I can't tell you what it means to me to get to design for a company that I TRULY love. I am also a part of two different challenge teams: Crazy 4 Challenges, and The Ribbon Carousel Challenge Crew, and I hold my own personal challenge every Friday, Forgotten Stamp Friday.

Besides stamping, I work full time as an assistant manager in a retail environment, and I have 5, soon to be 6, of the most amazing nieces and nephews that have ever existed...just ask me, I will tell you!! LOL!! I hope to one day have a child of my own, and I think I am on the path for that to happen!! Fingers crossed.

Enough blather about me!!

For my card today, I used the super cute new  Hoo Loves You set. I am IN LOVE with these cutesy little owls, but decided to take mine on a slightly manly path. I stamped my image on an X-Press It Blending card- my FAVORITE paper for coloring, and colored him with my Copics- my FAVORITE coloring medium. I then layered him with my Circle Nestabilities....you will learn that I love LOTS and LOTS of layers, and LOTS and LOTS of colors, using Hot Fudge(MFT), More Mustard(SU), and Baja Breeze(SU) card stock.. I pair together colors that most wouldn't, and I am ok with that...the color wheel and I were never friends. :) I used some SU ribbon, one of my obsessions, and you see those spiral clips??? Well, you will RARELY see a card of mine without them! My brads...you guessed it, my FAVORITE...are from Michael's. I followed this month's sketch for you to try. Sketches are by far, and away, my favorite challenges to play in.

Well, that is it for me for now! Thanks for sticking around for my long winded post!! Hope you have an amazing day!

5 comments:

Magento Themes said...

wow...Gorgeous card!!! I just love this card. I like this bird and the colors you've chosen for this great card. Those designs and the ribbon works are awesome. Thanks for this great post.Magento Themes

Rosana said...

it's great.
i love it

Kim C said...

This is a really great card. I love the colours you chose to combine together! Thanks for sharing a little about yourself and your wonderful talent. :)

Tanya Tahir said...

Loved reading more about you, Jessie! I love your card :)

CHINI said...

You have lot of data and sharing thing
PVC cards