Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday Throwback at the Farm

... The Greeting Farm that is... :-).
Today it's Thursday Throwback, a day when we blog about an oldie but a goodie :-).

{{{PLEASE SCROLL DOWN For info on TGF's SPONSORSHIP of the PLAYDATE CAFE Challenge-we are collaborating with them and are VERY excited about it!  Thanks}}}

And when I started browsing through my papers, I just couldn't resist the jazz theme paper and that's the reason I chose the lovely Friday girl from the Creepin crew. I just love her!!!


So this card is sort of a fusion between the old and the new in music... I'm almost imagining Friday as Scrary Spice from the Spice girls... :-).

I also had an idea of tearing the papers up in order to create a fun frame. And since I couldn't bring myself to messing too much with the jazz paper (from Graphic 45 - Curtain Call), I decided on highlighting that instead with a notes and corrugated paper frame.



I also put in a ton of roses, just to try the technique out. And it was fun. I'd also recommend you to use a glue gun to fasten them, because boy, do they stick!!!



And here they are at the downer part of the card:




All the best to you.
And please do try this technique out. It's really fun, and interesting above all :-).

Here's a tutorial on how you can do this...

8 comments:

Toni said...

This card is sooooo cute, I love it. And where on earth did you get those cute designer papers? Love the imaging and your coloring.

yvon said...

Wow, what an absolut stunning card. Great coloring and fab papers.
Hugs, Yvon

Tash Daly said...

I knew as soon as I saw this card that it must have been the work of the ever fabulous Sari!!!! It totally screams Sari!! Love the card, just fabulous!!! I am definitely going to scraplift some of these elements! Thanks for sharing Sari. :-)

Jenn Borjeson said...

OMG Sari - thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial. I can't wait to try this out! :)

The Bumble Girl said...

This is amazing! I love the torn framing and the flowers!
Thanks for the tutorial too!
hugs, margie

Leanne said...

Awesome card Sari! I love the tutorial and your closing about strong and weak arms. I love looking at this card. Thanks for sharing! :)

Mary Friederichsen said...

This card is GORGEOUS!! And thankyou so much for doing the tutoial! Loved it!
Thank you for the inspiration,tips and for sharing your beautiful card!

Blessings,
Mary

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Wow! Awesome Sari! And thanks for the tutorial! I'm going to give this a try.