Thursday, November 11, 2010

Snow and little Trinkets

Hi Friends! Wow so you know how I was wondering when it was going to snow here? Well it did! It was really weird because it was a sunny morning and then out of nowhere, little flurries... which turned into full fledge snowing. Here are few photos I took around the house.

 This is our little cul-de-sac.

This is our little mail box. It was so cute with snow on it.

Front of our house where there is a little bird feeder.

Our backyard. Wow it looks nice with the snow covering the dead grass. LOL.

And during my little spare time I was able to make a couple little things that I thought I'd share with you. I've seen so many cute cards with those little stick pins that I wanted to make my own. So I got some beads and and glue and pin and TA-DA!!!!


These are actually longer than the normal stick pins you find for scrapbooking and they have little safety caps at the end so you don't prick your fingers. They are about 2.5" length.... and I think the regular ones that most people use are 1.5". They also have little nooks at the top in case you want to string something to it. I also made a few sets in case any of you may want it and put it in the store here: http://thegreetingfarm.com/extras.html

I put a new section in the store and labeled it Extras, for any little things that I make on the side and decide to sell so if you are interested, please just browse through it from time to time. I hope to make more cute little things to put in there for fun. :)

Keep warm and stay crafty!!!

17 comments:

Nat said...

I'm in Utah, and we are all white here too! What a cute yard you have! What a wonderful time of year to have your own place!
Great stick pins too! I should bust out my jewelry making stuff and add it to the card making pile! Thanks for sharing!

Emma said...

That's is so funny that you are getting snow. Down here in Australia it is a hot day, singlet and shorts kind of day...hehe! Wow Marie those pins are GORGEOUS, I think there will definitely be plently of interest in those!

Carisa said...

i am diggin' the pins! i love that they have a safety tip-that is one reason i don't use them much - i was tryin' to figure out how to cover that part up when i do. you perfected it! i'll take one of each please. hehe

gobeagirl said...

Beautiful pictures! I love it when we get a surprise snow like that. I love it even more when it is a day off so that I can enjoy it with my family. Your pins are just wonderful. I like to put the little caps on the ends also. Don't like the idea of someone getting stuck. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa G

ChickieChirps said...

Wow! The snow is beautiful! I love your little letterbox and the bird feeder.

The stick pins are awesome!

Arabella

Kris said...

Gorgeous snow pictures Marie!! Must be so beautiful to wake up to all the white!

Love the pins!! they are beautiful!

Denice said...

What gorgeous pictures, but you can definately keep the snow! We'll have plenty of our own in the midwest by January.

Adorable stick pins!!! Love the cap idea...I usually put some Glossy Accents on the end of the pin, your's is a pretty way!

♥Rach♥ said...

Very creative Marie, they came out great, love 'em!

♥...Mo...♥ said...

the pictures are spectacular
I love the mailbox. is so sweet. Cold but sweet
it is wonderful the gifts nature
the pins are very cute

Hugs from Venezuela

Lisa T said...

those are sooo cute!

Shazza said...

I'm liking these, must go browse x

Heather said...

Those are super cute and LOVE the snow!!! We are back up in the high 60's, so doubt we are getting any of the white stuff yet!!! Maybe your cold front will knock out our warm front (I'm in Indiana) and we will get some soon too! Makes everything look pretty!

♥ Kristy Young ♥ said...

Oh wow how gorgeous! !! I so wish it snowed here when I see beautiful pics like that!
Loving your hat pins your so clever Marie, as soon as I have my Internet connection back and not just my phone lol I will be checking out the extras category for sure!
Kristy xx

~*Joni said...

Oh the new place looks so pretty covered in white! Beautiful pictures Marie. :)
Love the stick pins, those are adorable! I would love to see them with wintry designs. My buddy who moved to Hawaii went to Yogurt Mama last night, I had to drop a little bit of interesting trivia regarding their artwork. heehee!

Shaela said...

whoa, I am SO glad I'm not where you are - we went swimming a few days ago; it's still in the 80s here, lol! Darling little pins, too - love 'em!!

Deirdre said...

These are just adorable. Love your snow photos... wow....

Tanya Tahir said...

wow, the snow looks so beautiful! I wish I lived in a place that snowed!! I love those pins - they are so cute