Thursday, November 4, 2010

The good, the bad, and the UGLY...

Hey friends!

We have some news....things are getting UGLY here on the farm...downright hellacious if you ask me...

HA! Ok, not really.  However, in celebration of the newly released "I <3 Sweaters" set, TGF is proud (well, somewhat proud) to bring you a new contest for the month of November:

"The Ugly Christmas-Sweater-Inspired" Contest!
So Tacky, so ugly.... so awesome.

What is this? You ask?  Well, we basically want to see you make the TACKIEST,  most OUTRAGEOUS, most obnoxious looking, "ugly-christmas-sweater-inspired" card you can think of using TGF Stamps!  
You can use any TGF stamp.
We want to see cards that scream "what was the creator thinking when this was made?!!!"
We want to see a HOT XMAS-Y mess of a card!

You will have until the end of the month to create for this challenge.   The WINNER will be announced during our December release party (more details to come on Friday about that!) and win WIN the "I <3 Sweaters" set PLUS another 4x6 set of choice (does not incl December releases upcoming)!

Just upload your creation using TGF Stamps to TGF Galleria>Contests/Challenges>Ugly Sweater Inspired by November 29, 2010 at 6pm CST!


Now, I must *warn* you about these samples from the DT.  These girls just don't know how to make an ugly card, LOL!  
Seriously, we want to see even MORE over-the-top tacky goodness w/ this contest-but to get your started-here are a few little Uglies to getcha goin':

Amber (hmm yeah, not so ugly.  Tree full of bling-check.  Awesome ;)

Rimna (again-she can't "do" ugly.  We understand.  That is a heck of a sweater on Mr. Ian though ;)

Randi (nowwww we're talking-Randi told me that Ian requested Anya NOT bedazzle his garments anymore.  I will pass on the message... ;)

Jessica (little did Ian know that Anya sparkled and fluffed her own sweater and had  her way with their Christmas tree!  Blech!  Ok, so I don't do CAS and I don't like to mix "bling mediums".  This card is unsettling to me and screams ugly and confused.  'Nuf said.
Jen found this little ditty for her inspiration piece-it's FULL of tack-tastic-ness:
K, but sorry, Jen, there is NOTHING ugly about your card, LOL!    You did an AWESOME job of re-creating the edging and borders though to this-holy cow!  It's totally spot-on :)

Marie -ok, THIS one I love.  Anya and Ian at the 'All you can eat" buffet of embellies.  Good thing they don't charge by the pound.  Its kinda cute though, right?

Last but not least, we have TWO inspiration creations from Tammy.  I was lucky that I had nothing liquid being consumed at the moment I opened up her email.  That's some fashion, right there, folks.  WOWZA.  The REJECTED, not United, colors of Benetton.  Sweet merciful heavens check these out:

Inspiration Uno:

Inspiration Dos:

Yeah, those pretty much rocked our world.  Tammy I adore you even more for putting yourself 'out' there.  You guys know you wore it back in the day...c'mon...admit it.  

Now, we PROMISE we will NOT be as...'sarcastic' as we are being today. This is all in good fun and the DT had a laugh or three over these entries and ideas today.  We're all good sports... you can lay it on us. T-to the A-to the C-K-Y....  LOVE IT!


Good luck to all who enter-cannot WAIT to see your creations!!!

And in good holiday spirit, thought you guys will get a kick out of these badly photoshopped 'altered' photos of Jess and Marie and their guys:


25 comments:

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

ROFLMAO!!!! OMG! This post is freakin' hilarious. Thank you...thank you...thank you!

Love this idea. Wonder what my little brain can come up with?

Smiles!
Gwen

Nat said...

Hahahahaha! That was hilarious! What a fabulous contest! Those samples turned out pretty darn cute!
I am scared and super excited about going overboard!
Love the sweaters too!
Thanks for the laugh guys!

Amber Hight said...

Bwahahhahaha! What a bunch of UGLY CARDS!!! LOL! This is seriously the funnest contest EVAH!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the ugly cards poor into the gallery, bring em on girls!!!!!!!

BTW, those pics of Jess and Marie are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rimna said...

Hahaha!!!!
You guys are hilarious!!!!

Such a great idea, even if I didn't get it right! ;)

Kris said...

Thank you so much for the good laugs Marie and Jess!!! Totally made my day!!!

Awesome "ugly" creations from th DT!!

~*Joni said...

HAHAHA! I am SO glad I wasn't drinking my chai tea as I usually am! This is so funny because I saw so many sweaters like these at the Fall Festival. LOL! The cards are too cute...tooo tooo cute. The gallery is going to be a hoot!

Deconstructing Jen said...

OMG, that picture of Chris and Jess cracks me up everytime I see it. I think it's the fact that if Jess wore that sweater that is exactly the reaction Chris would have, lol. Makes me laugh everytime I see it. I'm going to have to save it for a day when I need a good laugh. :D Love you Jess!!!

Annmaree (Emu) said...

LOL I love it, how fantastic!!!

Zarah said...

ROFL! Too funny!
I heaaaaaaart the creations, tho - nothing ugly about them! :D

ProudMom4 said...

I luv these "ugly" cards. I'm new to the whole card making and love what I see and can't wait to get started. Thanks for all the ideas.

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

These are fabulous!! I so remember the sweaters that my Grandma would give me and my cousin for Christmas. To make it worse we got matching ones...LOL

margie c said...

LMAO!!! This is brilliant! I love it all! Especially those photoshopped pics at the end! You guys all look radiant!!! :)

Jacilynn said...

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL. I gotta play along. I can do this ;)

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMG...this is HYSTERICAL!! The photoshopped photo of Chris and Jess..>HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Rosie said...

OH MY WORD!! I almost spit my coffee out on the last few photos, especially the clown sweater...LMBO!! There definitely needed to be a warning at the top...to not drink anything while viewing this message, haha! I can't wait to see what creations come out of this one!

Sprytebyrd said...

I just have to say that you have all had WAY too much fun with the challenge and the post this week! Just awesome!! Horrifically awesome! Love it!!

Jenny V. said...

What a good laugh. What a great contest this would be hard to do, how can you make a card ugly. LOL The card turn out great and fun to look at.

Bonibleaux Designs said...

What a HOOT!! I have read your post so many times and I'm still laughing!! Thanks for the great wake up call this morning!!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

I love the buttons on the Christmas trees! But those sweaters -- they hurt my eyes!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Too darn funny- I love the DT samples and the photos of the not so firtunate sweaters......Oh boy- will have to give this a try!!! Hahahaha.....too funny!

Gina L said...

This is flippin' hysterical. I had to read through the whole thing and I just have one question...how in the heck did some butt ugly sweaters turn into such fun, wonderful cards?!?

MommaJess said...

OK I totally love that the Bozo the clown guy is Will Wheaton from Stand By Me. This sounds like so much fun.

Annie said...

what a fun idea!!!

Sabrina Mix said...

This contest just made me remember the Mark Darcy's sweater on Bridget Jones' movie.

Do you remember? Here and here.

xoxo

MEU SCRAP BLOG: http://www.scrapmix.com.br/blog

Lori Barnett said...

WOW!!! This is just WRONG!!! LOL!!!!!!