Monday, October 11, 2010

Results of the Altered Notebook

Greetings stampers! Wow, it's Monday again! I hope everyone had a refreshing weekend! I got me some barstools for the kitchen area so now there is actually a place to sit now. haha! Although the chairs are kinda tall and I had to maneuver a bit with my roly-poly tummy to get on it but yayyyy for sitting!

First off! OMIGOSH, I want to thank everyone who is participating in our Card for Stamp trade. We are getting an immense response and our booth samples are sooo going to rock it, thanks for so many of you. Keep them coming. Actually I should make a little badge to promote this since it is ongoing... easy way for a lot of people to get stamps. And now... onwards to our Altered Notebook results...

The notebooks are amazing and it was very devastating to choose from because they were THAT good! If you haven't checked out the gallery, please do. :) Oh how we pined and cried and debated and lost sleep over it. So with a lot of whining on my end, we were able to compromise on 4 winners (instead of 3) and some runner ups that will receive a gift certificate for $75.

So if you are listed below, PLEASE email us at thegreetingfarm@gmail.com for details on how to send in your books and claim your gift certificate. Congrats!!! You all did beautiful jobs!

WINNERS - $150 gift certificate

by Beccafabozzi

 by Kim Layu

By Kassiah

by Lumbkin
 
 
RUNNER UPS - $75 gift certificate

By Kim Dellow


By Awilda Rivera

by Jenny V

by Stampi

I was very sad that I wasn't able to put up more notebooks but unfortunately I have to have some sort of a budget limit on prizes (Darn you house mortgage!!!). There were several ties on the runner ups, and we had to start flipping coins. I'm telling you guys, it was brutal decision making! But for anyone who participated in the Altered notebook contest, I maybe willing to do some trading for your notebooks for a couple stamps if you are interested. :)

I hope your Monday is off to a good start! Cheers!

Today's question is: What other 'altered' contests should TGF do?

22 comments:

Becca Fabozzi said...

OMG!!!!! YIIIIPPPPPEEEEE!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH> I never win anything, I cant believe I won.

I love altering items, and I would LOVE To see an altered box contest, altered tin, picture frame, wood sign, etc. Those are just some ideas. Your images are so amazing!!!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

eva said...

congratulations to all the winners! there were some awesome ideas and such tough competition!

gobeagirl said...

WOW, congrats to everyone. I didn't get to play on this one. (no time too much work.) :O( I would love to see anything altered. I don't do it very often, but it is super fun and I love seeing what everyone else does. Happy Monday everyone. Hugs, Lisa G

Kim Y. said...

Aww...thanks so much for choosing my book! I am glad you like it! Congrats to all the winners! All books are awesome! Fantastic ideas!

I love anything and I mean anything altered! Anything 3D! We all are good at making a lot of wonderful cards with pretty, cute stamps. It's a challenge itself to use these stamps on something other than cards. Here are a few:
wall hangings, bags, bottles, tins, boxes, frames, calendar...

Nat said...

Congratulations to the winners! This looked like a extremely super tough contest to judge! You are so generous!
I don't do much altered art...but home decor is always fun!

♥ Kristy Young ♥ said...

Congrats to all the winners, they all look FABULOUS!!
Kristy xo
Oh i think any altered OTP item would be fun!
Kristy xoxo

Mrs Weyremaster said...

Congratulations to all the winners, a truly aweseome line up of altered art. I'm so glad i didn't have to choose a winner, that had to be a really tough decision with such beautiful entries to choose from.

It's a while since i did any altered art, but i do like altering dominios, and puzzle pieces to make jewellry and magnets. Altered slide mounts are fun too, mmmmm that's something for me to think about playing with :)

Have a wonderful day all
Suzi
xxx

donna mikasa said...

Congrats, all! Wonderful altered notebooks!

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOW WOW WOW - I won, *doing the happy dance now* A HUGE congratulations to all of the winners here today... Everyone's notebooks are AWESOME...
I would LOVE to see an altered box challenge. Not a tiny box, but maybe a chocolates box, or a pencil or cigar box... Something of that size. I just LOVE those sorts of things....
How about an altered clock??? or an altered wall plaque????

Alrighty, I'm going to pour myself some coffee, and just hoot and cheer.
Thanks so much for these awesome challenges.
Hugs,
Lynda

Jenny V. said...

OMGosh thanks for chosing my book. I had so much fun making. Everyone did an awesome job there were fun and great ideas that everyone share. I just love altering anything that I can image I even save and recycle things I can altered later. Thanks again for a fun challenge.

Denice aka Dedelicious said...

Wow, such wonderful notebooks! Congrats to all the winners!

WTG Becca!

...just Barbara said...

Those are great books! Such fun. ;D

Deconstructing Jen said...

Wow!! these are all gorgeous! Congratulations to all the winners... your project are just fabulous!

Other contests... I love the altered shadow boxes that people do... they are always so amazing. :D

Kimberly S said...

The notebooks look fabulous! I'd love to see altered picture frames, or altered items that become picture frames. :)

Stacy said...

Congrats to all the winning notebooks! All so awesome! :)

I was so excited after the altered notebook! How about altered giftbox or altered canvas? It'd be great!

Looking forward more altered projects - hey u should male this a monthly event - it's so fun!

Stampi said...

Wow ladies great work..all of you winners or not..everyone really went out there for this one and I am glad I did not have to judge..that would have been tough...I was runner up and I am so thankful we are celebrating Thanksgiving here in Canada so I will add this to my list of what to be thankful for..altered items..how about jewelry boxs, tins, bottles, frames, anything really as long as its alerted..lol

Erin said...

How about Xmas gifts for the teacher.

margie c said...

Wow! Stunning creations! Congrats to all the winners :) Yay!!!

ddinak said...

CONGRATS BECCA!!! and all the other Beautiful Winners!!! These are just wonderful! Something else to alter...how bout clocks?

Lisa T said...

Wow, great entries!

How about altered paper bags. You could make them into gift bags or paper bag albums or....

Kassiah said...

Thanks so much!!! I was jumping up and down and squealing today :)

Shazza said...

well done to the winners, FABULOUS work
x