Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Washi Me

Hey friends. A while back... long while back, I saw these fabulous cards made by our own little mermaid Randi...


Now if you look at these pieces of art, you'll notice that they all have something in common, besides being fabulously made and glittery. They each use a bit of Washi tape to embellish it. Of course Randi probably have been using these since the beginning of man kind but me, being the noob that I am, was totally clueless. She filled me in of course... these are Japanes washi tape, which is a kind of like decorative masking tape. But they are a little more transparent and thinner than regular masking tape and waaaay cuter! You can use it to make borders on your cards, hold your pictures in place, use it in gift wrapping, doode just stick it anywhere, like how I did at CHA. LOL! I warn thee, these tapes are addicting! 

And now you can get a nice little selection in our very own store here.

17 comments:

Shaela said...

what a fun little embelishment! I had no clue about these either, haha

donna mikasa said...

Yay! The washi tape is such a hot item now! So glad to see it in your store! I want them all!!

Mrs Weyremaster said...

OMGosh Pink Washi tape, I really really really need to get some of that. Never used it or seen it before, but i need it now lol!!

You've added a gorgeous selection of it to your store, thanks for the temptation, lol
Suzi
xxx

Berenice said...

So nice cards! I love this product too :)

jigglymills said...

Thank you for cluing me in! That is so cool! And also for enabling us to purchase it!!!!! :)

Pam Varnell said...

These are freakin AWESOME Marie. Thanks for getting them in the store. Can't wait to get some.

Cheryl said...

oh what fab cards,i do love those images,must get some of those and you have coloured them in brilliantly great layout and papers too love cherylx

MommaJess said...

nevr heard of it but I like the effect

Martha said...

oh wow, never heard of these! now I want to try ;)

beth said...

boy am I glad tomorrow is 4/22, I've never seen this tape, but so love new things to try out.

margie c said...

WOw! Such gorgeous cards! The washi tape looks like a fun embellie! I look forward to getting some :)

TFS! hugs, margie

~*Joni said...

Oooh awesome! Now that I've crawled out from under the rock where I've been living, I see how fab this is! ;) Congrats on adding another addicting thing in the store. heehee!

RiNNE said...

Yay!! I've used washi tape (also inspired by Randi's cards!). They're soooo cool!

Randi said...

Ah, thanks Marie!! :o)
I think you need to post a pic of your amazing birdhouses!!

SOOOO exciting!! Just looking at that gorgeous 'washi tape' page you created makes me happy!

I am so thrilled you are carrying these now! Everyone NEEDS some washi tape in their lives!!

Jessica said...

this is so cool! I'd never seen this before! awesome samples using it!!

Carol said...

Interesting! I love these cards they are so colorful!

Callie said...

How exciting. They look like fun! Sound like fun! Now how do we sneak "fun" into the budget?!?