Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A HUGE note of thanks and a Sweet, Fond, Farewell...

Hello everyone,

Today I have a very special post/announcement to make.   It's a tough one for Marie and I to write because it's hard to think of The Greeting Farm without our beloved Farmer, Cheryl Walker.

Cheryl has served on the TGF DT as a Farmer since almost all the way back in the beginning, when TGF was still Pink Poison!   She has seen so much change and growth since the beginning and through it all has turned out cute card after card.   Whether it's her intricate stitching or her signature bows, her style is unique and totally her own.

It's with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to Cheryl after fulfilling her last term with The Greeting Farm, but we know she won't be a stranger!  And neither will we.  I have to tell you guys that Cheryl and I have exchanged so many fun emails back and forth since I became a part of TGF and having gotten to know her on a  personal level makes it even harder to say goodbye.   I told her I'll be stalking her blog still, LOL but really it's those emails that I'm going to miss because Cheryl never sent me a preview card or a challenge requirement without asking me how I was doing, what was new, and always being super grateful toward Marie and I.   Always sweet, caring, and concerned, Cheryl will remain a part of our TGF Family even though she's hangin' up those farmer overalls for now...

Here are a few of Cheryl's favorite cards created during her TGF Term as Farmer:



Cheryl, on behalf of Marie, myself, the rest of the TGF DT, Team Anya, the Crew, ALL of us....we are SO grateful to have worked with you and for your undying love and enthusiasm for TGF!

You will be missed but we will always think of you as a part of our little TGF Family.   Thank you for EVERYTHING Cheryl!!!

-----------------------------

And now we also present to you the winners of the Royal Battle DT contest! We really want to thank everyone who participated, both designers and voters so to end the whole fabulousness... we are also giving away this digi to everyone today.... just click and save! This is the Chibi Bunny by Jessica Hymas!
And now... our winners....

3rd Placers
Time Travelers
Please have your team leader email me team's addresses and choice of free stamp!

2nd Placers
The Dream Team
Please have your team leader email me team's addresses and choice of 3 free stamps!

and our reigning Queens of the TGF Royal Battle.....
Team MACCK
Please have your team leader email me team's addresses for your ROLL CALL kit!

Thank you to all of those who participated! I hope everyone had a grand time and made new friends as well! Have a fantastic day!

48 comments:

Kimberly S said...

Congrats to the winners, well done! Thanks so much for the sweet digi, too cute! :)

Kimberly S said...

Wow, sorry I entered that without finishing....So sorry to see you go Cheryl, your inspiration here will definitely be missed!

GobeaGirl said...

Congrats to all of you....Thanks also for the adorable digi...Also I will miss Cherly's wonderful creations. I hope to see them in the gallery. I am new to the farm, but I just have gotten to know so many sweet/awesome people. Thanks for all that the Greeting farm does and gives to our lives.. :0)
Lisa G

Shaela said...

super big congrats to EVERYONE!! and thanks for the freebie! :)

donna mikasa said...

Aloha, Cheryl! Thank you for your inspiring work on the Farm for all these years...
Congrats to the top 3 teams that survived the Royal Battle! You are all awesome!
And thanks for the cute digi! Love it!

Gwen said...

Cheryl I have no doubts that your creative talent will be missed. Your work is fantastic. I hope any and all new ventures will be met with success.

As for the top three winners of the Battle...CONGRATULATIONS!!! You all rock!!!! Way to go!

Smiles!
Gwen

sandee said...

Cheryl - sorry to hear you will be leaving the team.
Royal Battle DT winners - Congratulations to everyone!
Marie - Thank you for the free digi. She is adorable.

Annette Bowes said...

Congratulations Teams, well done to you all!! Sorry to see you go Cheryl! Thanks for the cute digi and well done girls for all the hard work you put in organising this amazing battle, take careX:)

Kim Yu said...

Your creations are an inspiration to all, Cheryl!

Congrats to all the winners! Well done, Everyone!

This image is really cute! Thanks a bunch!

vicmbee said...

Congrats to the winners of the TGF battle.. Thanks for the cute digi but I am having trouble when I click on it I only get a little red cross so I will try again later..

curlybear said...

Congrats to the Battle winners.
Thank you ever so much Marie for the free digi she is so cute.
Goodbye Cheryl and thank you for all of your inspiration.

Sammi said...

sorry to see Cheryl go! she really is an amazing crafter!!!
Thanks for this gorgeous digi :D

AND congrats to the winners!!

Sammi
xxx

Julia said...

Congrats to all the winners!!..A big thanks to Cheryl for all the lovely cards...sorry to see you go
but I'll stop by your blog.
Love the free digi...Thanks!

☼ Cheryl* said...

Aww bye Cheryl!! You will be missed!

Congrats Team Macck!!!
Thank you for the freebie :D

Caz said...

Congrats to the winners, and to every team that took part...all the work was amazing.
Hugs
Caz
x

Alice Wertz said...

thanks for all the inspiration you bring us the past few years, Cheryl! congratulations to all winners! amazing projects! and thanks for the cute digi! love it!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Congratulations to everyone!

Lynda Nielsen said...

First of all a HUGE Congratulations to the winners! I can't even tell you how fun all of this was, I saw some really cute, fun, and inspiring things during these past 5 weeks. I sure hope we can do something similar to this again sometime.
And Cheryl... ohhhh my.... You will definitely be missed! I don't even know what to say... I'll still be stalking her blog whenever I get the chance.
And last but not least... Thank you so much for the new Digi. She's a cutie!
Big Hugs
Lynda

Deirdre said...

Sorry to see Cheryl go.... thanks for the wonderful digi and thanks for a wonderful five weeks. Thx to my marvellous team mates - Kathy & Fika for making it such a fun journey.

KanataNewf said...

Sorry to hear that Cheryl will be leaving the farm. I have definitely enjoyed her creations - and I will definitely continue to stalk her blog as well!

Congrats to the winners of the Royal Battle - some very creative folks out there!

And thanks for the very cute digi! She will be perfect for easter next year!

Kelly Booth said...

Sorry to see you go Cheryl...I want to thank you for all the Inspiration you brought to the Farm...
Congrats to the Royal Battelists!! Wow...you all were just Amazing!!
Thanks for the Cute Digi....

Jessica said...

congrats to the winners! and thanks to Cheryl for all her inspiration! Great job!!

debbif said...

Congrats to the winners - all the entries were really amazing! Also, I hate to here Cheryl will no longer be a direct part of TGF, but I'm sure we will see her designs around. She is an unbelievable artist!!

~*Joni said...

Congratulations to the winners! And a sweet FAREWELL to Cheryl! SHE is the reason that I stumbled across Pink Poison shortly after it debuted. Thanks Cheryl for the addiction and inspiration! And thank you for the Chibi!!!

Carol said...

I love Cheryls cards and I too will still be stalking her blog!!

Congrats to the winners! Everyone did such a great job!!

Thanks for the digi! Love it!!

Renie said...

Congrats to the winners! I loved the challenge and look forward to the next new challenge TGF brings! And thanks Cheryl for all your inspiring creations!

Stampi said...

Congratulations everyone..you all did so well..enjoy your goodies. Cheryl I will see you on your blog...love that chibi...

Marnie - Queen of the Marniverse said...

Congratulations! You guys are uber talented.

Bobbi said...

Congrats to all the winners. They were all wonderful projects and hard to vote on just one. Thanks for the digi, she is cute.

Sue D said...

Congrats to the winners and best of luck to Cheryl.

margie c said...

So sad to see Cheryl go! Good luck, Cheryl! I look forward to seeing your new adventures :)

Yea!!! Congrats to all the winners!!!

Thank you for the digi! She's adorable!
hugs, margie

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Congrats to the winners and thanks so much for the sweet digi!!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Hope Cheryl will be back often!

Thanks for the digi!

Marlene said...

Good luck to Cheryl in her future endeavors.

Congratulations to the winners! Well done!

Thank you for the digi!

Cindy Haffner said...

I will miss Cheryl, she is a BEAUTIFUL friend inside and out!! Congrats to the winners!!

Lisa and Eddy said...

Good luck Cheryl...I too will continue to stalk your blog!
Congrats to the winners!
Thanks for the digi! xo Lisa

MommaJess said...

Aww I will miss seeing Cheryl's work here. I follow her blog so it will be nice to continue to check out her work that way.

Thanks for the super cute digi.

Congrats to the winners of the Battle. That was for sure lots of fun but some stiff competition.

Tanya Rudd said...

Congratulations to the winners!

Serafiia said...

Congrats to the winners - enjoy! And the digi looks awesome - thanks you for that.

JenRaff said...

Thank you for the digi!
Cheryl -- your so amazing! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Tammy said...

I will miss Cheryl and all her fun work!

Congrats to the Battle winners.
It was so much fun seeing everyone's fantastic work.

Stacey said...

Thanks for the digi! The teams were very inspiring! Great job everyone!

Mercy said...

i will miss you so much, cheryl! you have been such a positive and sweet spirit, and you always have something good and uplifting to say. you will be missed!

congrats to all of the winners...your projects were fabulous!

Tanya said...

Congrats!!!!!

Thank so much for the digi, sooo cute :)

Paperzilla said...

Great job to the winners, it was a TOUGH battle!

Thanks for the free digi :)

Kristy Young said...

Aww I love Cheryls work on the farm, so sad to see her go!
Congrats the the Royal Battle winners whoo hoo.
Kristy xx

RubyM:) said...

BIG CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!!!!! They were tru inspiration team. The other contestants holded their ground as well.Everybody did a fantastic job!RubyM:)

Heather Schlatter said...

Cheryl,

I have been a fan of yours since I first found TGF while it was still Pink P. I love your style and unique flare that is only you!!!!

You will be greatly missed and we really love all of your hundreds of TGF creations!!!!

Heather