Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Battle Challenge Week 3

Greetings stampers! We are going onto our 3rd week now in the Battle challenge! Can you believe it! I hope everyone has been having a grand ol time! Again I would like to insist that no one make additional login IDs to vote more than once. It's very important to us and everyone that we keep this contest clean and honest. And it is also very time-consuming for us to comb through and find duplicate votes and duplicate ids. And we will delete those posts. Please refrain from posting multiple times on one card.

And so here are our runners for this week's challenge!



Contenders for this week include:

The Rosebuds
The Sunny Patch
TGF Junkies
BC Farmers
Sassy Lassies
Crazy Copic Chicks
Little Star Shooters
Ink Tossers
Time Travelers
The Dream Team
The Glitter Sisters
International Ink
Farm Fresh Fairies
The Lollipop Guild
Card Sprouts
The Cheeky Girls
The Stampin Farmettes Sisters
Inky Girls
Team HO -
The Forest Farmers
Quixotic Stampers
Team MAACK
Downunder Divas
Delicious Delights
Greeting Farm Mommas

The Farmaholics

BATTLE WEEK 3
The Scrapbook Page
  sample by Jessica


The Challenge: Create a scrapbook page! Don't be afraid! Just pretend it's like making a giant card and putting photos in it. Use as many TGF stamps as you want for your layout. Layouts must measure 8x8 or 12x12.
What teams need to do: Discuss amongst your team members who will be creating this card. Only one member will be doing this. The member will have to email their team leader their finished project. This must be a different member than the previous. Every week we want to see a new member participating so that every team members gets a chance to show off their skills!

Due Date: Team Leaders will need to email me the final project no later than Saturday, April 10, 11:59pm. You can email your projects as early as you wish.
Please email me at: thegreetingfarm@gmail.com
Subject Heading: Battle Week 3
Please include: Your team name in the email and also the member who did the project. Please name your file with your team name. For example: MyTeam_week3.jpg

Teams are not to upload their projects. TGF will be in charge of uploading everyone's projects.

Voting: Voting/commenting will last Sunday-Tuesday evening. Everyone has 3 days to cast their vote, so don't feel rushed. It's actually better if you all don't vote at the same time and crash the website. haha.

All entries will be located in the
galleria > contests/challenges > TGF ROYAL BATTLE > Week 3. 

Please DO NOT vote/comment on your own team. Each person can vote 3 times so please select your top 3 favorites and vote for them. Please only vote once per card.  
Please DO NOT create different ids to vote for your own team.

Next Wednesday we will announce the top 12 teams that will go onto the next round. So best of luck to everyone and remember... more than anything, HAVE FUN!

Today's question is: Name something you always wanted to try.

I always wanted to try making a 3-layered cake. It just sounds so hard!!!!

38 comments:

Stephanie J said...

Congrats, all!

I want to try... I don't know. I'm a chicken.

Angie said...

YES!!! We made it! I really had no doubt because Suzi rocks and her card totally rocked as well. What do I want to try? SO MANY THINGS. I want to try to exercise everyday, and be more patient with my kids... lot of things like that. I also want to try skydiving or bungee jumping, but I'm deathly afraid of heights, lol!

Tany Sol said...

I want to try parachute jump...
Thanks!!!

jo said...

Yay! My favorite teams made it to Round 3!

I'd like to try and learn how to swim. It's my goal before I turn 35! :)

~*Joni said...

Woohoo at 2am! lol! I couldn't sleep until the list came out. ;) Congrats ladies!! And Jessica - your daughter is sooo sweet,I love seeing SB pages with family!
I want to try a half marathon one day. Gulp. Just saying that makes me tired. ;)

donna mikasa said...

Congrats to the teams that made it through to the next round! Good luck, all!
I've always wanted to try riding a hot air balloon....

Ruthie said...

I would like to try wingwalking - am scared of heights, not overly keen on planes and need to lose some weight - have NO IDEA why I want to do this!

Rx
PS congrats to the teams going through!

Sammi said...

ooh.. we made it through again! YAY! Thanks to all the ppl who voted for Fran's gorgeous card!! :D

mm... a three layered cake does sound hard! I'd like to try... mmm. .I don't know... I am not tooo adventurous! lol

Anki said...

Yeah! The Rosebuds made it to round 3. We are a bunch of happy ladies! What I always wanted to try, hm....hard question - but it would be - starting my own business. Kram and congratulations to the rest of the teams! This is such a fun challenge!

Lucky_Ink said...

Congratulations to all the teams that went through the next round and to all the teams that have participated thus far!!!

I would like to try singing, tango dancing, sky diving, and foremost BEING PART OF THE DESIGN TEAM for TGF!!

Thanks!

Lucky Ink
www.scrapbookingInk.com

RiNNE said...

Wooot wooot!!! My team made it!!!

I'm with Joni....do a marathon! That's on my bucket list!

Kristy Young said...

Whoo hoo we made it!!
Hmm I cant think of anything....because anything I want to try I do!
Kristy xx

JAN said...

congrats to everyone..I want to try mixed media art and beeswax collage

Karin said...

hope you do something with vintage or distressed the next time for the challenge... that would be awesome!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Sweet - I'm excited to go on to the next round, too! :)
I have always wanted to try... white water rafting! But I'm scared! LOL

Deirdre said...

Woot woot... we are through, yipee.. .thanks to everyone who voted for our card.

Would like to try to do a transatlantic sail preferably whilst racing ! (not just for pleasure)

Jennifer said...

Is this right about The Stampin Farmettes? I'm on that team, but we had less votes than The Stampin Farmette Sisters. And they did not make it onto the next round? Just checking. Thanks!

lesleyworth said...

wooohooo! so glad to see my team on the list! everyone's cards were fabulous!

i would love to do a triathlon...even started training for it once...but then the rest of my life intervened! LOL!

Susan said...

Congrats to all the teams that are moving on! Can't wait to see the scrap pages!

I want to try scrapbooking! LOL! If I could only find the time ...

SemSee said...

Congrats to all the teams that are through to the next round! Can't wait to see what you create!

I've always wanted to try snowboarding!

Hugs, Sem x

April said...

hehe...Always wanted to try bungy jumping...but my DH says "NO"

Kellie Winnell said...

WHOO HOO thanks to Debbie's amazing card and all those that voted we made it through YAY!

I am to chicken to be to adventurous ask my hubby he'll tell you hehe!

Hugs Kel

AShu93 said...

Oh, a 3 layer cake isn't that hard. If you decide to give it a try, I'll be glad to help.

I've always wanted to travel around the world.

Sheng said...

Congrat's to all!!! I've always wanted to try flying a plane.. tehehe

Jen Shults said...

Haha would it be lame to say I've always wanted to try my hand at scrapbooking but I'm so intimidated. I'm not sure why... it's really just a huge card but still... scary. :D

Carol said...

Congrats to the teams moving on...I am bummed we did not make it to week 3 as I would love to have done the page. Good luck ladies!!

This N That said...

I have always wanted to try sky diving. Seems like the biggest adrenaline rush you could get!

YAY! we made it!!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

I have always wanted to go to try knitting. It's the kind of thing I need to learn in person, not from a book or video.

jigglymills said...

An art class! :) And you would be surprised how easy a 3 layer cake is with the right tools!

Stampi said...

I want to try being a manager...yep never been one not because I have not been asked but because I fear telling people what to do...hmmm

Joanne Gilch said...

Actually a four layer is easier and quicker than a three layer cake. Bake two rounds and cut each in half horizontally.Easy peasy. three layer takes three cake pans. or I guess you could do one thick cake and cut it into three layers horizontally.. Yea, two is easier!! For me anyway and I'm not the 'cake boss'. I want to make strudel...it looks like so much fun!!!!

Krista's Design said...

Congrats...
To bad we aren't through! :(

I want to try a bungy jump or a parachute jump...

Luv&Hugs,
Krista

ninasanangel said...

Congrats to all who got through, they were all beautiful cards

I've always wanted to run a marathon but unfortunately can't even make it to the end of my street ha ha and 'training' was never my thing....Oh well

Toni said...

well done to all those who made it fabulous entries
I want to try brick laying with a professional

JenRaff said...

I would love to learn ballroom dancing . . . I am not afraid but just don't have a partner. My husband won't do it. I guess for something I could do alone, I always wished I could speak another language.

Sinihilkka said...

Scrapbooking! :D No, really. I have gathered crafting material for over a year, but now I finally have photograps. No time is the only thing I'm missing :(

Lilian said...

Congratulations everyone! Thanks to all who voted for us! :)

I have a long list of things I want to try... but these 2 are top on my list..
Driving & Baking :)

Tanya Rudd said...

Sewing curtains, yup and go to a movie all by myself and eat a tub of buttered popcorn.

Tanya