Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Answering some questions and some FYI

Hi friends! Ok, going over yesterday's comments, here are some answers to your question and also some extras that you may want to know about. BTW, did you hear about all that raining in flooding in southern California? I hope that clears up before we reach there. Eck.

  • Clues of the digis, this one's for Poydan. YES, you will actually see the digi you will be receiving for the following day if you complete the challenge. For instance, on Monday, we will be posting up the Tuesday digi that you will get if you turn in your project by the deadline: 6:00pm CST
  • Speaking of the the deadline... it will be 6:00pm CST everyday. Not 6:01pm CST, or 6:45pm CST. Not EST, or PST, etc. I know that everyone lives everywhere so please make sure you know what the time difference is in the area you are in. 
  • Mrsqueenvee/mrs-flopsybunny suggests going to this link to find out the actual CST time: http://wwp.central-standard-time.com/
  • Next answer is for Sheng: We will let you know everyday what gallery to upload it to. So no worries about that. We are going to make a folder for each day in the Contest folder. We will tell you exactly where to post your projects. =)
  • Posting projects on your blog? If for some reason you absolutely cannot get into the gallery, you may post it on your blog and link it back in the comments section. REMEMBER, MERCY will be checking the links so please make sure they work before sending you the digis.
  • Themes - we do not have specific themes for this contest so be creative and show us what you got!
  • KJ - I'm sorry but for this specific contest, it has to be actual cards and not digi layout cards. Although that is a good idea for a future challenge! AND no, you do not have to have a blog, as long as you can upload it into the gallery or if you need to use photobucket, make sure to link it in the comments so we can go to it.
  • Beckie- time difference between UK GMT and CST... I'm not positively sure... I think it's something like UK is 6 hours ahead or something like that. You might want to double check
  • Robin McK - the posts will be at Midnight every night with the following day digi.
  • Tanya - Yes you can create whatever you want.
  • Sonya - Uploading can be done in the galleria but you will have to register first. Sent you an email regarding that.

Ok I hope that answers your questions. If there's anything else, just let me know in the comments and I'll answer than asap. Thanks!

25 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

I think it's a lovely idea, but a card a day is probably difficult for those who work outside the home (and many who work inside it). Also it's quite a barrier to those of us who are new to all this. I don't mean to be critical, I'm just disappointed I probably won't be able to participate in any meaningful way. I do look foward to seeing the results, though.

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Whoops, part of my comment got cut off! I had started by saying that I appreciate your posting these answers, because I had initially misunderstood (my bad, I didn't read carefully enough!) and thought it was a weekly relay rather than daily.

~*Joni said...

Got it got it got! Wow - I need to work on my cardio to keep up all week long. ;) Thanks for the q&a Marie, and the nice thing is that if someone can only complete the first one or two, then they have a free digi as a bonus!!

Sheng said...

Thanks for answering our questions. I feel more complete now. Oh, it's going to be so much fun. Can't wait.

xoxo

Kris said...

sounds like fun fun fun!!! hope i can keep up... i'll probably be at work like everyone else so it will indeed be a challenge!! thanks for the answer Marie!

Lindsay said...

well i live in so cal..and yeah it is crummy more so in los angeles they said orange county was getting some tornado warnings and there are flood watches but its due they say it should start to clear out this weekend so i will cross my fingers! he hee personaly where i live has had tons of flooding and even snow flurries and i live in the middle of the desert lol

Erica said...

If we upload into the galleria, do you still want a comment on the blog with our email address or should we put that somewhere in the info on the galleria? hope that question is clear...as mud.

Angie said...

this is going to be fun!!! I plan on getting them all done, ON TIME, and sacrificing my sleep to do it! I WANT TO! lol!

Gabby said...

LOL...I'm with Angie on this one! I've been slacking on TGF projects and what not so this HAS to get my butt in gear! I'm gonna break out the caffeine and hope it doesn't affect my anxiety...LMAO!

Marie and Jessica...OMG you guys...I would love to meet you guys! It would be like meeting a couple of my fave celebs! :D I live about 15 minutes from CHA...we'll be so close yet so far! :(

JenRaff said...

I will have to try to register in the galleria as I don't have a blog. Joni is right -- for every card you get done, it's just a bonus digi! Fun!

crafty amy said...

I love the idea of this relay and it will be hard to keep up but that is all part of the fun and the reward of a digi is brilliant and very generous.
I am with Angie I will be sacraficing sleep to try and make sure they are all done and in time :D

Amy xx

Stampi said...

This sounds great...wowee and thank you...I will be busy every evening after I get my son to sleep...looking forward to a fun week and a lot awesome cards to look at.

Carisa said...

I totally understand the time constraints, I mean, you have to be truly dedicated and have the time to commit in order to get the reward of a free digi every day - I mean, you get a prize basically JUST for participating! how cool is that?!I can't wait to see all the projects and see if I can actually keep up as well. haha Hope you having a good road trip, Marie!!!

☼ Cheryl* said...

I can't wait!!! I love digi's and getting some free tgf ones will make my week :)!

Loz (Aus) said...

Count me in!! Well... I'm going to try and make the deadlines from way over here in Australia.
That link to the time... doesn't work! I'm trying to figure it out: is it Houston time, cause I found this site that tells current world times here. Thanks

Sammi said...

Ooh.. how fun! I can't wait ... will practise colouring to be ready. lol!
Loz - Sydney is 17 hours ahead :D
Hope the flooding clears up and yuo have good weather for CHA!
xxx

Lynda Nielsen said...

It all looks as clear as mud Marie... Oh, oh oh.. I have a question.... Do you trust us not to go crazy here while you are away at CHA? LOL
Sorry I had to be a wise guy!
Hugs
Lynda

Carla aka scrappypug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy Young said...

HOw weird is it that we {Melb & Syd Australia} are 17 hours ahead....so weird lol. Thanks for all the Q & A! I hope the rain and crappy weather stops just for you guys for CHA.
Cant wait to see what everyone creates with this Digi Challenge. I will be a watcher due to being a watercolourer.
Kristy xo
P.s a few people sent me emal suggesting ways to be able to play, trust me I have tried, heat drying, hair spraying embossing etc it all runs lol but thanks everyone for trying to think of an idea. Im happy to be a spectator in this fun chalenge lol.

*Alison* said...

I didn't see the answer to this question.. but if it has been posted.. sorry.. :)

When will we get the next free digital image so we can start working on the next card for the next day.. If the deadline is 6pm when do those people get their next image?is there a set time so we can start on our project? Thanks

Leanne said...

YES, it's raining like crazy here in Southern Cal. Supposed to clear up for the weekend, but just in case bring your rain boots and raincoats... Thanks for the deets!

southernscraps said...

Thanks for the clarification.

kiramatali shah said...

Welcome to the safest, easiest way to get a real work at home job. Work at home jobs can be hard to trust. That's why we research and publish only the best of the best... carefully pre-screened, 100% scam-free work at home jobs you can depend on. No get rich quick schemes. No scams. Just 100% real work at home jobs

www.onlineuniversalwork.com

HookaShewz said...

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=123902

HookaShewz said...

Hi. my upload may have been a few mins late due to having to upload somewhere else and sending a link here. Please let me know if you will not accept my project.

Trina