Friday, October 16, 2009

Farm Fresh Sans Frills...

Greetings Friends!

It's me, Jess, and it's time for another Farm Fresh Friday around here and we are TOTALLY floating on cloud 9 still after the release of our 2nd TGF Newsletter and the SUPER duper Team Anya Blog hop yesterday! Don't forget, the 3 new sets are NOW AVAILABLE in the store!

CONGRATS to Jenny of INKY WISHES! You are the winner of last week's sketch by Jess! Check out this UBER cute desktop calendar she created following the sketch:So cute! Please email Jessica to claim your prize!

This week, we have a NO-FRILLS challenge-basically it means you can create a card WITHOUT the use of ribbon, flowers, lace, etc. Nothing too frilly or girlie! Here is a list of "acceptable" embellishments for this challenge. You MAY use:
Brads
Wire
Hardware
Buttons, or
Pearls

Well let me tell you this was a BIT hard for me, but I was happy w/ the end result ;) Hope you like it too!

Here are the deets :

Rules:
Create a card or project SANS FRILLS :)

Post it in the Galleria > Contests/Challenges > Farm Fresh Fridays > NO FRILLS Challenge

Deadline: Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Prize: 3 New Animal stamps by Marina Neira (Maggie, Marlene, and Laurie)

Here are some project examples by the DT:

Cindy:Sandra:Kadie:Lisa:Lynda:Cheryl:Jessica:

Recognize this CUTIE? Hee hee well, if you're subscribed to the newsletter, you got the inside info yesterday, but meet AVA. She'll be whimsically waltzing onto the scene along with the 3 other girls we previewed a few months back and another friend, Max, who we also sneaked in the newsletter ;) You can check out a few more pics of Ava and meet the REAL Ava on Jess's blog today :)

There's ALWAYS a surprise at the Farm, huh? Hope you enjoyed today's post and that we'll see you all playing along in this week's challenge!

42 comments:

Monkichi said...

Wow...no ribbon? That's going to be a real challenge. haha! Great cards by the DT. I guess if they can do it, so can I...

Jennifer said...

GREAT CARDS DT! i hope I can do this. No frills. LOL!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Tough challenge this week...

Angie said...

I love the challenge! I think I'm a no frills card maker so this is right up my alley!

Biscuitlid said...

no frills? Eeeeek!

Victoria
x

Kris said...

Great cards by the rockin' DT!!!! this is going to be a hard challenge...

~*Joni said...

Ugh - I am already in a panic without ribbon. haha! But the DT did an awesome job with the challenge!! Great use of other embellishments, I am inspired. :D

Craftyanny said...

Fabby cards, don't know about no frills though??? - I love my frilly bits lol

Rachel said...

Congrats Jenny, super cute creation!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Adorable cards, great challenge. :o)

Caroline said...

Very cute cards by the DT. :)

Tasha said...

winning creation!
what awesome DT cards!
Gosh no ribbon or flowers - this is going to be a tough one!
love tasha xx

Mary said...

Love the princess kissing the frog! Can't wait to get that stamp.

Mary

Tracy.H said...

Okay...lovin' the Princess and the Frog!! Can't wait to see that one come to life! :0)

Lauretta See ( LadyPou) said...

orgeous!! ava is so cute :))

i will try to participate in the challenge, when and if i get the time :)) dt has done a great job

hugs xx

kat9 said...

Sounds like fun. I can't wait to get going. No Ribbon will be a challenge for me. I do love it.

Renie said...

No frills, I love it....I am a simple girl! Yeah!

AShu93 said...

Those Xmas samples are unbelievable!

Congrats on the stamp of your daughter. I checked out your blog & it's amazing how much the stamp looks like her.

JenRaff said...

Ava is gorgeous!
I love the cards -- the DT did an awesome job!

margie c said...

Beautiful cards!!!
... and oh my, lil Princess really took the spotlight! She's beautiful!

Jessica said...

fabulous cards!! Great challenge, hope to try one!

T in Etown said...

oh my what a great winning card and what a great idea for Christmas gifts...stunning. I am really excited about this new challenge...you have my creative juices flowing..thank you.

Carol said...

Awesome cards! I love the calendar super cute!!

Jenny said...

Thanks for picking my desktop calendar as the winner today! I really like how that one turned out and I'm keeping it, lol!
Jenny

V said...

What a challenge! Hmm...I'll have to dig into my stash for that one. No ribbon may just kill me though. :)

I love Ava! Oh gosh, a must have for sure!

Diamond Doll said...

Fab cards from the DT. I,m waiting for my new Xmas sweeties and signatures stamps to arrive then i can play.
Trish (-:

MommaJess said...

Wow I love the challenge. I cant wait to do it. Thanks for the beautiful cards by the DT.

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE ALL the cards from the DT and the little calendar is just Precious......

beadz said...

Love the DT cards!

Alyssa said...

Ooh! Sounds like fun and since I need a birthday card for Sunday, I just have to play along!! ;o)

itsabrt said...

Great examples!!! Beth

Stefanie said...

OMG!! I can't wait for Ava!! I have cards planned already! She's adorable!
For some reason, I have not been able to view the newsletters.... still working on that.

Annie said...

WOW, such a great challenge. I'll try...really try :)

judy said...

Love the cards!!!

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous cards by the DT!!

Tammy said...

Can't wait for Ava and the others!!!!!!!! :)

LORi said...

Wonderful Stuff Jess!!!

Steph Zerbe said...

That was a fun challenge! I posted mine in the galleria. So many super cute cards in there already!

JessicaK said...

I just got first Anya and can't wait to ink up with this challenge!

Gabby said...

AMAZING job by the DT! Love them all! This was a hard challenge...NO RIBBON??? LOL! I managed though and I'm pretty happy with the outcome! Check it out! http://confessionsofastamper.blogspot.com/2009/10/4-challenges-in-1.html

I actually made 2 cards...Monday I'll feature card 2...but they're both in the galleria! ;)

Jenn Borjeson said...

Posted my entry in the gallery - fun!

Romil said...

Hi I recently came across your blog. I thought I would leave my first comment but really I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading your blog. Nice blog. nice content and design I will keep visiting this blog very often ....
please look following my blogs and if possible comment something:
Send Greetings Cards | Miss World Beauty Pageant | Bollywood Actresses Picture | Free Beauty Tips | Hollywood Actress wallpapers