Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Winner of the Case of the Curious Card III

Happy Day friends! Hope all is well. It's Tuesday! Almost middle of the week already. We had some super awesome entries for CCCIII and here is the result!



The Card to be cased By Jessica

and the winner is...

By Jacilynn Cox

Jessica: Wow! This was a SUPER hard decision as there were so many adorable cards! I'm honored that so many people chose to play along! I hope to post some of your cute cards on the Club Anya blog in the coming weeks as well.

After ooh-ing and ahh-ing, I had to give my vote to Jacilynn for her Hannah Montana card! I absolutely LOVE how she altered her hair and made her look TOTALLY like Hannah! My 9 year old daughter is a huge fan, too :) I also love the different colors and textures on this card along with the beautiful script around the image. Great job and very innovative way to use Anya!

Jacilynn, send me an email for your free stamp set!


Onwards to our lovely lineup!

What a yummy card by Kadie! I can practically smell the fresh baked cupcakes!


And oooh my goodness I just had to pluck this cutie out from the galleria by Kim Nath! Great texture, layout, and what a cutie!


A shimmering goddess like Anya by Miss Mercy!


An adorable little card of a fairy trio by Amy!



Have a great day! Join us tomorrow for our guest spotlight!

Today's question: Name one instance in which an opportunity door closed and another opened for you.

Hmmm I think that when I moved here to Colorado, I was trying really hard to get this one position at Girl Scouts and then was sadly disappointed BUT then it forced me to seek another route and it was Stamp Designing!!! So thank you Girl Scouts! lol.

7 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

Congratulations Jacilynn!! I'm soooo excited for you!

Several years ago when the hubby and I were looking to buy our first home, the opportunity came up to purchase the two story downtown apartment house we were living in. We couldn't get financing at the time (I was new to the US and hadn't built up any credit yet) and ended up buying a super cute little house with a yard and a garden. We lucked out! :D

PS. I got my FM stuff last night - and I've already inked them up!! Thanks Marie!

anabellpepper said...

Congrats Jacilynn! Love the card!

As to the question of the day. There are a ton of incidents where this could be applied to my life. The most definitive shutting of a door in my life, I think, came when I was 22 and was unable to reenlist in the military. It was the best thing that could have happened truthfully. I started college and then had a baby the following year. 6 months later was the 9-11 attack and the military world was thrown into chaos. My hubby is still miliary, but he is in a job that doesn't deploy, thankfully. Had I stayed in, I would have been the one to leave for months at a time.

Jacilynn said...

Wowsa!!! I'm soooo excited. I haven't been this excited for a while. I am new to TGF and soo in love with the images. Thank you so much!!!!

A few years ago, when one job ended for me, I was able to get the job I have now , and it allows me to work from home and stay at home with my kiddies. It's one of the biggest blessings in my life.

Thanks again!

Janna said...

Congrats Jacilynn!! This is just incredilbe! Love the extra hair and the beautiful way you did the sentiment!! Such a cool card! And wow the other cards are amazing!!! Simply stunning!

I have to say it was when I finished my internship in kindergarten. I was having a horrible time finding a full time teaching postion when I got a call from my old team mate asking if I wanted to come back except teaching reading and writing intervention! not only did i find a new love in teachign but I also found my best friend Tracy!

Smiles,
janna

Carisa said...

Awesome, WTG Jaci and congrats! I was in awe of your card when I saw it -- I love altered anya's b/c I just can't do it! LOL

MiamiKel said...

Woohoo, congratulations Jacilynn - your card is adorable!

Elena said...

Congratulations to the winner!
Oh, cards are amazing today!
When we moved to WI, I lost everything - my favorite job, my friends, and more... So I ended up by being stuck at home in WI (no luck with job here), but that it is a time when I started cardmaking! So moving to cold WI open for warm and sunny TGF!!!
thank you, Marie for giving me this chance!