Friday, February 20, 2009

Guest: Taylor Usry

Oooh my goodness, it's already Friday! If anyone is still waiting for Miss Anya, she will be available in the shop Monday morning. I can't guarantee for how long though, she does appear to be a very popular one. lol. Oh and for those of you who plan to participate in the Sketch for Candy, please upload your card by Sunday night. I will draw out a name and announce the winner on Monday morning.

Today's special guest is Taylor Usry! You may have seen Taylor's cards around the stamping community. She has a wonderful eye for color and layout! Whenever I see Taylor's creations I always think how pretty and appealing it is. And it's a whole lot of cute! I think you will agree too! To the spotlight!

Taylor Usry
http://musingsofanaddict.wordpress.com

How long have you been stamping?
3 years

What's your tool of choice?
Paper Piercer

Describe yourself in 3 words.
Loyal, creative, organized




If you had a stamp line, what would you call it?

Everyday Grace



What's your favorite stamp set from The Greeting Farm?
I think it is about to be Shepherd Boy!



If you were a color, what would you be? Why?
Pink, because there are so many shades, and one is perfect for every occasion



Descibe your crafting area.
A shared space with my daughter's playroom - warm, cozy, full of crafty stuff




When making cards, what are your favorite colors to use?
I'm usually an earth tones person, although I love pink combined with anything!



Do you listen to music while you stamp?
Yes! I have very eclectic taste though, so what I'm listening to depends on my mood :)



3 wishes:
My own online stamp/product store; A magic fairy to always clean up my stamp space for me; A shopping spree at my favorite online stamp/product store





I love all of those cards especially the puppy couch one! hehe. Ok so hope everyone enjoys their weekend! I'll be here tomorrow to do a sweet little lineup of cards but other than that, I will see you on Monday with hopefully something new to show!

Today's question is: If you had a garden, what would you grow?

Mmmm... I would grow tomatoes, cucumbers, and lots of flowers!

18 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

I guess I better shop on Monday!

Today's question - I think I'd grown cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and romaine lettuce. Those are staples in my house.

~*Joni said...

Beautiful cards Taylor! :D I love the different layouts and color combos, and I can see why Marie likes the puppy one. ;)
If I could grow anything it would probably be money. HAHA!
Happy Friday everyone! Oooh, the word verification is a tricky one today...

Elena said...

I love Taylor's cards! Wow! She is so talented!!!
I would grow different veggies and flowers!
Have a nice weekend, Marie!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Taylor's the greatest!!! Love all your cards girl!!!

Homegrown veggies....YUM!!!!

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

these are fantastic cards!

I like joni's answer of growing money... but if i couldnt figure out how to do that, i'd have to grow apples. I'd love to be able to just go pick apples. I'd like a whole orchard of different fruits really!

Tracey said...

BEAUTIFUL cards :) I like Joni's answer, about growing money :) If I have to pick 'real' produce though - I would grow cherry tomatoes, strawberries and maybe zucchini.... :) Have a great weekend!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun, I love Taylor's cards, so much to look at.

I love flowers, so my garden would have flowers.

Angie said...

Wow, Taylor sure does have some beautiful work. I haven't seen it before so this was quite a nice surprise! If I had a garden I would grow lots of yummy smelling flowers. Roses, Honeysuckle, Jasmin, those are my favorite smells!! And then I'd also have some apple and orange trees, strawberry bushes, maybe some artichokes too! I love those!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Yay Taylor! Great showcase-she was busy!

Um, I DID have a garden...but yeah, ick, long story. I do enjoy growing cucumbers and tomatoes. I have a neighbor who has raspberry bushes and would love those but they really attract more bees than I've ever seen!

Cassie said...

what a wonderful guest - i love taylor and her work is always wonderful and inspiring! how great to get to see so many all together!!

i would love to grow vegetables - esp. green beans and tomoatoes. oh and corn! and some strawberries and blackberries. and then of course flowers-lots and lots of them!
and since i'm dreaming, they would all grow WITHOUT weeds or grass getting into the mix!

Ashley said...

I love Taylor! YAY Taylor!

I would grow all sorts of fruit! Yum!

Cathy said...

Taylor always does beautiful work!! Love the samples!!

I would grow flowers because they brighten your day!

KanataNewf said...

Beautiful cards! And I do have a garden! I have several flower beds filled with my favourites - roses. And a few others filled with lilies. Then there is my vegetable garden - although last year is was more of an herb garden. Our pesky groundhogs ate my lettuces and the tomatoes and hot peppers just never took off. But the squash did! As did all of my herbs...mmmmm basil of every type imaginable, oregano, rosemary, sage, catnip, etc etc etc!

Randi said...

Beautiful cards Taylor!!

I'd grow strawberries! Yum!!! And, there so pretty! And, I'd need a cherry tree and a plum tree, too!

Randi said...

Ugh, I'm tired! I meant 'they are' so pretty.

And, Miss Anyas on Monday?!?! Ugh, I have to get up early again? The night owl in me is not cooperative.

Christine said...

I think I would grow flowers mostly but I also would try some strawberries. My mom always had a vegetable garden growing up and I wish I had the time and space to do that too.

Rachel Hope said...

Love them all...Taylor Rocks!!!!

Lindsey (jacksonbelle) said...

Awwwww Taylor!! These are sooooo totally darling! I love them!!!! LOVE everything you did!! Congrats on being the guest designer!! :)