Friday, January 23, 2009

And the Winner is...




It was really hard!!! I loved all the card and their adorable and inspiration descriptions! I tried to get Ray to help but he couldn't choose less than 5 so he was pretty unhelpful. hahaha. But after long hours of pacing and narrowing, the winner of the Unicorn Challenge is....

MELYSSA CONNOLLY - DUSK
Meet Dusk he only comes out as the sun is setting. His coat and mane are camoflauge for just such a time. He is the Unicorn of late night inspiration for all those paper crafters who stay up late creating. You know he has visited because his hoves leave a trail of glitter behind. And your head is swimming with ideas. I love Dusk!!

I love Dusk and I know that he's visited everyone of you as well! What I liked most about this card is that it is very simple but bold and beautiful at the same time. Everything was beautifully done. Awesome work Melyssa. Email me your two choices of stamps and I'll send them out asap!

Also the shop is stocked again so if there was anything missing, it's back in! Here's a cute little lineup for today!!!

This sweetie Ian is by Ana! I love his hat on here! Ana always has the cutest layouts.


Here's a cute Angel Anya and Sweet Deal monkey by Cheryl! As usual bows look awesome!



Look at these cute Panda Friends by Jenn! Adorable!



Have a great Friday and stay safe this weekend! I'll see you back on Monday!

Today's question is: Best place to shop for clothes?

I don't shop for clothes that much anymore but when I need something I usually head for Old Navy. hahaha. I feel like I'm at that weird phase where I can't shop in the College-y junior section anymore but not yet in the Misses section either.

17 comments:

~*Joni said...

Oh I fell in love with this card the minute I saw it in the gallery. I would have picked it myself as it immediately catches the eye! YAY Melissa!!!
Beeeeautiful cards in the blog, yet again.
My favorite place to shop is probably TJMaxx. I like the designer look, but can't pay the high end prices. I don't care if it's last year's trend...I just pretend it's been sitting in my closet and I'm just now getting around to it. lol!

Melissa Craig said...

I loved this card too! Congratulations Melyssa!!

My favorite place to shop is Wal-Mart... I'm always there.

Mz Kelz said...

Congrats Melyssa! I love the card! I need a visit from Dusk. I work nights and am usually up late crafting, but seem to have lost my mojo!
As always, the other cards are great!
I hit Old Navy too... their jeans seem to fit my little waist and legs but leave my growing hips room to breathe!

paulssandy said...

WOW, the winning card is fantastic! You had one tough job. Congrats tot he winner.

I prefer to purchase my clothes on line. It is easier than finding clothes I like in my size off a rack, LOL

Cathy said...

This was also my favorite card, I think it was the moon behind the little horse that really caught your eye. Congratulations!

I shop at Kohl's because they have a lot of sales and I can always find something I like.

rachelsigmak said...

This was my favorite too!!! I let her know as soon as it caught my eye! What an a amazing card!!

Diana said...

When I do shop for clothes, I am in Target or Banana Republic. Taregt for the essentials, why pay more and the quality is better then Wally World, but when I need soemthing to go out in or go to work in BR has a great petites section and I'm only 5'2" so its the place for me.

Sandra MacLean said...

Congratulations Melyssa!! It's a FABULOUS card! Just stunning! I just shopped for clothes last weekend (first time in ages!) at New York and Company and I got a steal of a deal! I bought 8 pieces of clothing (including a dress, pants, skirts and a cardigan) and three pairs of earrings for $130!! Crazy deal!

Elena said...

Melyssa! Congratulations! Your card is so beautiful! I loved it too from the first time!!!
I like to sew clothes for myself, but if I shop for jeans I go in JC Penny store.

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

Cute cards!

I like to shop at charlotte russe. :)

kadie said...

Congrats, Melyssa! Your card is absolutely beautiful!

Best place to shop for clothes...depends on what size I am and what mood I'm in...I guess it doesn't matter where as long at it makes me feel fantastic wearing it!

Tonya said...

Dusk is beautiful!!!! I love the technique and cloring. Congrats Melyssa

I love to shop.....I like Old Navy, Banana Republic, GAP, Charlotte Russe, Aero for casual, but I love good jeans from Macy's or a nice pair of 7's. =)

Deedee Anderson said...

Congratulations Melyssa!! Dusk is beautiful!

OK, I am so not the one to ask about clothes shopping, as I dress very simply and rarely buy new things for myself (the life of a stay-at-home-mom). When I do, it's usually from Walmart, though.

Kerry said...

Congrats Melyssa! Dusk is a beauty!! Great cards everyone.

I am big fan of Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, New York & Company, and Target. I love them more when they are on sale. LOL.

Christi said...

Congrats Melyssa!! Your card is stunning!! I love shopping at Kohl's for clothes...when I can escape from my kiddos! LOL

Gabby said...

Congrats Melyssa! That is the one card that drew my attention right away in the gallery! She is STUNNING!

As for my shopping...I like Target and Lane Bryant (when I want to look like an adult...lol) and I also LOVE Torrid online! Perfect place to shop for my size!

BTW Marie...there is something on my blog for you! ;)

Rosette said...

Wow Melissa!! What a lovely card!! No wonder it's a winner! I think Dust is my guardian angel, becuase I always create better during the night hours!! :))