Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stamping Party and Cards

Hello fabulous stampers! I hope this Thursday finds you well. Oh great news, I was told the new Anyas will be shipped to me this Friday by Priority Mail so I should get it early next week and I will be sending those out asap!!! I am so happy. I was so scared I wasn't going to be here to get them. Phew! Totally dodged a bullet there. This means the Ian pre-orders will be on schedule. I can start taking those after I get back from California. Ok onwards!

I did mention that I was going to host a Xmas Stamping Workshop the other day so here is the official flyer. This will be held in Parker, Colorado. So if that's your state, I hope to see you there. There will be prizes and free stamps! We are hosting it at this old delightful schoolhouse, Saturday Nov. 15th.



I hope we have a good turnout. It would be sad if we have this huge thing planned and only 3 people show up. I would probably laugh about it but COME ONE COME ALL! Oh yesterday on one of my Postal runs, I picked up this outfit for Stewie. Hahaha. Thought I'd share. He's a bee!



Today's gallery consists of cards from our delightful readers!!! I know I always say this but I LOOOOOVE getting cards from clients. I get all excited like a little kid. Lol.

These ones are from Lori Tecler. They are so colorful and fun! And speaking of fair, I watched Sleeping Beauty last night. Loved it!




This adorable nurse Anya is from Laura Käyrä. I really love the coloring and the DP is awesome! Also the stitching is super!


Another beautiful nurse Anya card! This one is by Dawn. I love the purple streaks in her hair. My hair used to be all the colors of rainbow so I definitely like this piece. And I love the Best Mates star in the background. Genius!


I totally love today's cards! I hope you all do too. I'm spending the rest of the day making card samples and drawing. Enjoy today everyone!

Today's question is: What was your first Halloween costume?

Ok, this is a little embarrassing but my first Halloween costume was a paperbag. We didn't have a lot of money growing up and I came from a big family. There were 5 of us kids so my dad gave us each a brown paperbag and cut holes in it for our eyes. Then we scribbled on it with Crayons. I bet we looked hilarious though, a little group of paperbags. LMAO. Those were some good times.

11 comments:

Laura said...

yippee! i am still super chuffed that you liked my card *big smile*. And all the other cards there are just gorgeous! love them all.

I just saw those new Anya stamps in the catalogue.. *scream* Must get the mermaid and rockstar at least.. I love those Anya stamps. :)

Lindy Stamper said...

Yay!!! Anya's are on their way! W00t! Can't wait to get little Ian's too...

My first Halloween costume was a ugly bridesmaid dress from an aunt, so I dressed it up like a dead princess...

Dawn Nikol said...

More great cards!

My first Halloween costume was a bear. The first Halloween that I actually remember, I was Jem!

the whimsical butterfly said...

OMG Stewie!!! My DH is still debating on what to dress Doc as, our BT. LOL!

Great cards from everyone ladies! fUN STUFF!

Tonya said...

Another round of great cards! The purple streaked Anya is soooo cute! I love it!

My mom always made our halloween costumes. I don't know what I was the first year but I remember some of my favorites. I remember when my brother was He-Man I was a unicorn. We were soooo cute. My mom took a body unitard that was silver that she found at the goodwill for my body and added fringe to all the cuffs, I got to wear high heels so my hooves would click. And I had an amazing horn and headdress. LOL!! My brother's was made with nude colored long johns. She sewed muscles on the underside. He looked awesome! We had a ton of fun every year!!

Sandra MacLean said...

I can't wait to get my Anyas!!! Yay! And Stewie is adorable! my first Halloween costume was a sexy devil outfit when I was 15! Yes, sad but true. In Australia and New Zealand, Halloween isn't as big as it is here in the States, so I had to wait until I was a teen before a friend had a birthday/halloween themed party! Maybe that's why I go a little overboard around this time of the year?! Hmmmmm...

Molly Joly said...

Oh, my, your doggie is SO cute!!!

Can't wait to see the Ian stamps available - looking forward to my new Anyas!

First Halloween costume I remember was when I was 4- and I think I remember it through pictures - I was a football player. Ok, I was kind of a tomboy - I DO remember my Mom using masking tape to make the number on my "jersey" 04. And I wore shoulder pads.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Fabulous cards, and Stewie is adorable in his little bee costume!!! Fantastic news about the Anyas!!

I think my first costume was a hand-me-down bunny rabbit costume my mom had made for my sister. She spent so much time on it, and it was amazing, so we all wore it - a couple years each!

hugs, Jami

Bunny B said...

Such cute cards!! My first would've been a ghost - very simple and not fancy :)

nancy morgan said...

You have some talented readers...those cards are AWESOME, each and every one!!! But, I have to say, Stewie takes the cake for me. He is just beyond cute ;) ! Your first Halloween costume (paper bag...too funny!) was just the launching point for your creativity, your first opportunity to create something fabulous out of paper!!!

Lorie said...

Those are some beautiful cards, and Stewie is just adorable!!! I don't know if I remember my very first costume, but I do remember that my Mom always wanted to make our costumes. I remember when I was about 6 years old throwing an absolutely terrible fit because I wanted one of those plastic jumpsuit Halloween costumes with the plastic mask like everybody else had. Needless to say the constume fell apart before the night was over, and that plastic mask was uncomfortable and I couldn't wait to get it off! I let Mom make whatever she wanted from then on without any complaints! Oh well...live and learn!! :)